Chapter 64

The buzz of Noel's razor made for nice background noise as I ironed his shirt in the bedroom. The hot plate smoothed and rolled all the wrinkles out with little effort.

            "I can do that me self!" Noel exclaimed trotting out of the bathroom to where I was. "There's no need to-"

            "It's fine." I held my hand up. "We both know you're no good at ironing anyway."

            "That don't matter!" He shook his head. "Ya shouldn't be liftin' stuff-"

            "This iron weighs less than our Michael ever will when he's born." I informed him holding the iron just above the ironing board.

            "I don't care!" He returned. "It's still heavy and I don't want ya-"

            "Please stop."

            He furrowed his eyebrows in anger. "Would ya rather I go the other way? Be a fuckin' deadbeat and fuckin'-"

            "Don't even start!" I exclaimed.

            He just stood there and stared at me.

            I sighed and walked towards him.

            He gasped when I put my arms around him and squeezed him into a hug.

            "I'm not the only one who shouldn't be stressed during this pregnancy." I said right into his ear.

            He sighed and pressed his forehead down on my shoulder. "I'd have ya in a plastic bubble if I could." He told me.

            "I know it. Come on!" I stepped back to break apart our hug. "Let's finish getting ready."

            There was a luncheon for the winners before the Q Awards ceremony and of course we were expected to attend. Rumors had been swirling all week. That Liam and Noel demanded separate tables. And for once the gossip was true...to some degree anyway.

            Liam and Noel weren't fighting with each other. Noel was fighting with Patsy. When he found out about her barging in on me and Emma's sisters' date, he was furious. Not that I expected anything less.

            But I wanted peace. Actually, I just didn't want fighting in the papers. It wasn't the end of the world...as much as Noel would've liked to believe otherwise.

            He was in a better mood when we got to the luncheon. He had a lot to make him happy though with all the nominations the band received. I was happy to see him smiling.

            They sat us with Liam and Patsy. I was glad there was no one else at our table since the place was already packed. Liam and Noel were up and down getting their pictures taken with other people. Noel was reluctant to leave me at the table but I promptly shooed him away.

            "I can't stand these photo opportunities, man." Liam said after he and Noel returned to the table for good. "Losers tryin' to muscle in on my act."

            "Then let's focus on something else." I suggested. "Like how that new 101 Dalmatians movie is coming out in a couple weeks."

            Noel snorted looking at me curiously. "That's a children's film!" He pointed out.

            "Yes I know." I nodded. "It's also a Disney film and it makes me realize we should get a dog."

            "We're not gettin' a dog." He shook his head.