Chapter 66

"No fuckin' way!" Liam bellowed his voice only slightly muffled by the closed door.

            "Sir, if you could please just-"

            "NO! Our Addie's had people in and out this room all fuckin' night, pokin' and proddin' 'er, just to tell 'er her baby's died! It's fuckin' bull shit! No one else is comin' through this fuckin' door!"

            The hospital was huge and word travelled through it very quickly. Once everyone knew it was the Liam and Noel Gallagher in the emergency room I was transported to a more private section of the hospital.

            Noel demanded security detail and the hospital was quick to provide it. But even with their biggest and brawniest security guards stood outside my room, Liam still felt the need to be out there guarding too.

            Noel and I lay quietly in the bed together. He held me in a tight hug and I rested my forehead in his chest. We had the door shut and the curtain drawn around the bed but it still didn't block out all the chaos outside.

            "And that cunt there is a sadistic bastard!" Liam continued. "D'ya know what kinda procedure he told her to have done?"

            "Yes, I'm aware-"

            "A D & C Procedure. D'ya know what that is?"

            "Ye-"

            "Ask them fuckin' nurses, right?" Liam kept going. "Or better yet, ask that fuckin' prick over there! Fuckin' quack! Mixin' people's charts up and that-"

            "I did not mix-"

            "You what?!"

            "Sir-"

            "Come over here and say that, ya cunt!" Liam barked. "Hope your little nurses'll fuckin'-"

            "Sir, please calm down!" That familiar voice spoke again. "He was just trying to perform his medical duties with the little information he had. I'm Mrs. Gallagher's attending physician-"

            "Oh y'are?" Liam scoffed. "Prove it!"

            "Noel." I sighed. "Please go and stop him before he gets arrested again."

            "Again?" Noel echoed in confusion. Clearly, he hadn't had a chance to see the latest tabloid headlines.

            I just looked away in silence. I had no desire to respond with anything else.

            He sighed quietly as he got off the bed and headed for the door.

            "Hello, Dr. Carson." He said after he opened it.

            "Hello, Noel." Dr. Carson replied. "Is Addie awake?"

            "She is, yeah."

            The door closed again and the curtain lifted to reveal Noel with Dr. Carson right behind him.

            "Hello, Addie." Dr. Carson said with a nod.

            "Hello." I returned.

            He didn't ask how I was feeling as I'm sure he probably knew the answer. He gave me a quick exam and I just lay there staring up at the ceiling while he did it.

            "I'm so sorry for your loss." He told us.

            "Thank you." We replied in quiet unison.