Chapter 77

"Shouldn't we knock first?" Noel asked stopping me from turning the doorknob.

            "Why would we do that?" I returned raising my eyebrows.

            He shrugged. "Be polite."

            I rolled my eyes. "It's different with family." I grabbed the knob, turned it, and opened the door.

            "Hey." Emma said as we entered the flat.

            "Hey." I replied.

            She kept walking into the main part of the flat and we followed along.

            Paul was in the kitchen drying dishes while Liam was sitting at the dining room table having a bowl of cereal.

            "Where's Patsy?" I asked curiously.

            Fuck knows she was invited.

            "Not here. Clearly." Liam replied breaking up his Weetabix brick with his spoon.

            "Why are you here then?"

            "'Cuz we ain't got no Weetabix at home. James ate it all." He put a spoonful in his mouth.

            "Well why didn't you just go buy some then?"

            He breathed out dropping his spoon in his bowl. It clinked loudly before he made to stand up.

            "Fuckin' try it!" Noel exclaimed jumping between us. "I dare ya!"

            Liam stood up and stepped towards him.

            "Addie?" Emma called making us all stop and turn to face her. "Will you come to the bedroom with me?"

            I nodded and followed her down the hall leaving all three boys behind.

            "Do you know how much Paul is looking forward to this?" She inquired as soon as she had the door shut. "Do you-"

            "Yes I'm aware." I cut her off.

            "He's the one who went to Marcus-"

            "Actually, I think that was you."

            She glanced away clearly thinking how to come back from that.

            "Maybe you don't hate us as much as you like to claim." I mused.

            Again, she stayed quiet. For once she was actually at a loss for something snappy to say.

            It was her who called Paul and told him about the events in Surrey through drunken tears. I don't know what she said but obviously it was enough to get the ball rolling.

            "They're comparing us to them you know." She finally replied. "The whole Wibling Rivalry bullshit thing, American style."

            I sighed at the thought. It was in the tabloids like expected – our pictures all over the front page. The belief that us women (all three of us) were working hard to tear the band apart.

            I'm sure Patsy was happy about that because it took the blame off her for once. Or at least allowed her to not be the sole person to blame.

            "You need to stop fucking him." Emma spoke again.

            I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm not fucking him!" I scoffed. "I told you-"