Chapter 52

They drove us on a bus to Scotland. Six hours was supposedly all it took. A long haul...a plane would've been much faster...but the bus caravan made it easier to ship the equipment.

            The view out the window was worth it though. Definitely not something we could've got in the sky. The sky would've been too far away to let us see all the detail so I'm glad we opted for the ground.

            I stared out at all the passing green. The trees, the shrubs, the pasture fields dotted with cattle and sheep. It put me in mind of home and my time with Noel in Ireland.

            I was so glad we were out of the city.

            The dates at Loch Lomond were the first open air gigs Oasis did that summer. Eighty thousand people bought tickets and planned to be there for at least one of the two nights.

            The sun was shining when we got there. The management shuffled the boys off for interviews and what not leaving me and Emma by ourselves. Paul went with them too. Marcus needed him for something. He didn't want to go but we told him we'd be fine.

            We headed off to the bar. We got drinks and hung around to people watch. Patsy told us she'd meet us there but so far she hadn't shown up. Why she didn't ride with up with all of us, I didn't know but I reckoned I had a couple good guesses.

            "Alright!" A voice called from behind us. "Addie! Emma!"

            "Who the fuck is that?" Emma said just loud enough for me.

            His bright red hair and dark rimmed glasses made him stand out like usual but his shorts...those made him even more noticeable.

            "Hello, ladies!" He said as he leaned against the bar.

            "Hello." We said in unison.

            "Where are your better halves?"

            "Honey, we are the better halves!" Emma informed him.

            I snorted. "They're off doing interviews." I told him. "What's up?"

            "Oh nothing." He shook his head. "Just figured I'd drop by and have a chat. Congratulations on the recent nuptials!"

            "Thanks!" I smiled.

            He smiled back. "I'd congratulate Patsy on hers as well but she's not here."

            "Wait. What?" Emma chimed in. "Patsy's not married!"

            "Well not yet anyway!" He said. "But her and Liam...haven't you lot read the papers?"

            It was hard to figure out what was real and what was fake when the media reported on it. The tabloids were filled with all kinds of fodder...which included a headline about Liam popping the question.

            I normally just let it go in one ear and out the other. I'd always find out the truth eventually.

            But now I was curious. Now I wanted to know.

            Sooner rather than later.

            "Who was that guy again?" Emma pointed back at the bar when we were out of ear shot.

            "Chris Evans." I told her.

            "Who?"

            "Chris Evans. From TFI Friday and the Brit Awards?"