Chapter 68

It rained until the car pulled up. Another one of those cold, hard rains that pounded against the roof and windows.

But it cleared up when the car finally arrived...or at least stopped for a bit. The sky was still that cold gray and my heart didn't feel much different.

I stared out the window watching the front and back passenger doors open. They both waited by the car while the others came out of the studio.

Emma began screaming and flailing her arms. I couldn't hear what she was saying but by the way she pointed at Noel I'm sure it was directed at him.

He shouted back and then Liam joined in to escalate the chaos.

Marcus jumped between the opposing sides with Paul grabbing onto Emma to keep her back. Then Marcus turned around and motioned for them to get in the car.

Paul looked quite exhausted as he pushed her around to the other side of the vehicle to get in the back on the passenger side. She kept screaming at Noel practically spitting across the roof of the car and trying to yank her arms free from Paul's grasp.

Liam and Noel shouted right back while Marcus tried to get them to stop. I honestly couldn't believe no one had jumped across either side of the car.

I just sat there staring out the window. I learned a long time ago that arguing with my sister was pointless. And once her mind was made up on something, there was no way to make her change it.

Noel, Marcus, and Liam stood outside the car calming down to some degree. Then the back passenger window came down and out flew a disposable coffee cup right in Noel's direction. It landed at his feet, its contents splashing up on his shoes a little when its lid came off.

Then came a certain someone's middle finger and he charged towards the car.

Marcus held him back just as a much bigger and harrier hand pulled the gesturing one back into the car.

Things settled after that and the car turned around and headed back down the driveway. Liam, Noel, and Marcus hurried and came into the studio.

"Where is she?" Marcus asked his voice coming down the hallway with the sound of footsteps.

"In here." Noel informed him.

Then there was a knock on the door.

"Addie?" Noel said through it. "Open the door now."

But I didn't listen. Instead I just sat on the window seat and listened to the rain start pouring again.

"C'mon, Tix. Open up!" Liam ordered. "I don't wanna have to use me lock pick but I will if I have to!"

I stared at the door but didn't move from where I was.

"Fuck's sake!" Noel sighed. "Adds, listen now, I...say something. Shout it from the rooftops of your head. Make it sort of mean something. Make me understand or I'll forget."

His voice was so pretty...but not enough to make me answer the door.

"Just let her go." He instructed. "She's hurtin' and she..."

"Go on." Marcus finally spoke again. "I'll handle this."

Another sigh. "Right."