Chapter 40

The States hardly felt like home anymore. Okay...that's a lie. I couldn't deny I was American. Couldn't deny that I liked being back in the State I grew up in. But with the way the tour was scheduled, I really couldn't give it much thought.

There were several dates in the US after Cleveland. I was lucky enough to spend one night in my apartment before we had to get going. Had it not been for Noel telling Marcus we couldn't leave until the next morning, I imagine the bus would've been pulling into Detroit before the sun came up.

It went by so quick I really didn't get a chance to notice. It was like I no sooner closed my eyes to blink and when I opened them we were in the airport headed back to England. Another short break (about five days including the one spent on the plane) and we were off again to Cardiff. A different country but still a part of the UK.

Noel, Emma, and I stayed at Supernova Heights. The rest of the troupe were in Manchester with the exception of Liam and Alan. Patsy came 'round and took Liam away to "go pick gnats out of each other's hair like fuckin' monkeys"...at least, that was her intention according to our Noel.

The house was quiet for once. Noel said no parties and it's not like Emma and I really minded. We needed a break from the noise. Cripe! We sound so boring!

Noel took this quiet time to hole up in the music room again fiddling around with what I imagined was stuff for the next album. He never let himself have a break. I don't know what he would've done without his guitar.

"Adds!" Despite the size of the house, his voice was loud and clear. "Adds!"

"What?!" I yelled up the stairs.

"C'mere a minute!"

I rolled my eyes. "Why don't you c'mere a minute?"

"Just fuckin' come up 'ere!" He screamed again.

I sighed as I trudged up the steps.

He was sitting on the couch with his acoustic guitar in his lap and his lyric notebook opened to half full page.

"You rang?" I said as I stood near the doorway.

"I did, yeah." He replied. He waved his index finger at me to come closer and then patted the seat next to him on the couch.

I walked over and sat down beside him.

"We should disappear for a bit." He spoke again while playing with one of the tuning bolts on his guitar.

"Well that sounds lovely." I agreed. "But you have a tour to get through first."

He stopped what he was doing and looked right at me. "D'ya actually think I'd fuck off on a tour?"

I shrugged my eyebrows. "I wouldn't put it past you."

He rolled his eyes.

"I read about your little stunt just before we met." I informed him. "Kelly was so scared we wouldn't get to see you."

"Me?" He repeated curiously.

I shrugged. "The band, really."

He tutted. "Well it was their fault! Our Kid-"

I held my hand up to stop him from working himself up. "What'd you wanna talk about?" I asked. "Disappearing. What'd you mean by that?"