Chapter 22

"Oi! Wake up, Our Kid. Phone's for you."

"Who is it?" Liam asked groggily blinking up at Paul.

Paul shrugged and passed him the phone.

"Hello?" He said into the receiver. "How the fuck'd ya get this number?!"

I sat up a little and watched Liam as he argued with whoever was on the other end.

"C'mon, Addie!" Paul said as he tapped my shoulder. "Tea's on downstairs. Let me fix ya a brew."

I got out of bed and followed him out the door, leaving Liam behind to cuss the poor soul on the phone.

Paul fixed me a cup of tea and sat down at the table across from me to finish his. He smiled as he put his cup to his lips and for a split second I swore he and Noel swapped places.

But I knew that wasn't possible. Noel was in London and had been ever since the band returned from touring. He was too cool for Burnage.

And clearly too cool for me.

They had a few more days before they left for Japan.

"You're seriously not gonna go?" Paul said.

"No I'm seriously not." I replied. "I've no reason to-"

"I think ya've got a very big reason if I'm honest. Two reasons if you really-"

"Stop." I said firmly.

He was about to speak again when Liam came trudging into the dining room.

"I'm goin' down London." He informed us as he headed straight for the door adjusting his duffle bag strap on his shoulder.

"Aren't ya gonna take your bird with you?" Paul asked.

"No. She likes it here."

"But if you're stayin' with Noel-"

"I'm not fuckin' stayin' with him!" Liam snapped.

Paul furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at him. "Then who the fuck ya stayin' with?" He asked.

Liam shrugged in reply.

"What the-"

"Let it go, Paul." I said calmly. I looked at Liam. "Tell Patsy I said hello."

"Fuck off!" He barked. "I'm not fuckin' goin' to see 'er!"

"Who ya gonna go see then? Your drug dealer? 'Cuz everybody knows you don't gotta leave Burnage for that."

He rolled his eyes.

"But then again you did say Patsy's got all the good gear."

"Fuck off, Tix! Seriously!" He exclaimed before heading out the door.

"Are you really just gonna sit there and let him treat you like that?" Paul asked pointing at where Liam had just disappeared.

"What difference does it make?" I said. "If he's gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat. Who am I to stop him?"

"His girlfriend. And you don't deserve to be-"

"Just drop it, Paul! Please! Just stop!" I got up from the table and left the house.

The sky was gray and looked like rain was coming. It was summer but the weather was total shit. Back home, I guess the weather was stellar. The thought made me pine a little for going back.