Chapter 37

The miles of red brick were a sight for sore eyes. I didn't realize how much I missed it and how much it felt like home.

            With the tour on pause for about a month until the next round of dates, I wanted nothing more than to return to Manchester. Emma felt the same way. We missed Peggy and deep inside, the boys did too. They tried to play up being a stoic trio of macho northern men but we knew they were all full of crap...especially when it came to spending time with their mother.

            Peggy, of course, was ecstatic to have her house full again and had a ton of desserts waiting for us when we arrived.

            "Where's the cake?" Liam asked as he searched through the various containers.

            "What cake?" Noel asked curiously.

            "The celebration one. For us winnin' all them awards."

            The Brit Awards were fast approaching. Still no word on what the boys were up for but they were pretty confident it'd be more than the previous year.

            The boys had just dug back into their treats when the doorbell rang.

            "I'll get it." Paul offered as he stood up. He disappeared to the front of the house. "Oh. Hello, Patsy."

            Liam's eyes widened as Noel gave him the death stare.

            "Did you invite her?" Noel asked sternly.

            "N-no." Liam stammered. "Told 'er we weren't comin' back to London 'til the Brit Awards but-"

            "You fuckin' prick!"

            "Stop!" I exclaimed as I grabbed Noel and kept him from leaping across the table. I turned to the doorway. "Hi Patsy."

            "Hi." She said quietly.

            "The fuck're you doin' here?!" Liam chimed in.

            She blinked her eyes in knowing sadness. "I missed you too, Li'."

            He growled in frustration as he stood up and pointed at her. "Don't fuckin' call me that! I fuckin' hate bein' called that! My name's got four letters in it, right? L-i-a-"

            "Actually there's seven." Emma pointed out.

            He looked at her with puzzled eyebrows. "You what?" He said.

            "Your real name's William, Our Kid." Noel reminded him. "Can't believe it's that hard to remember with Mam writin' it in your underwear and that."

            Everyone started to snicker at that...well almost everyone at least.

            "Stop pickin' on me!" Liam cried.

            "Stop makin' it so easy for us then!" Noel returned.

            "You fuckin'!"

            "That's enough!" Paul bellowed as he held Liam back. "Jesus Christ! Can't you two get along just this once?"

            "He started it!" Liam remarked as he pointed at Noel.

            "No I didn't!" Noel argued. "You're the one invitin' your missus where ya know she's not welcome!"

            I shook my head. "Noel-"