Chapter 76

December eighteenth. It was just a normal day. There really wasn't much special about it other than it marked a week until Christmas.

The boys were in Surrey working on as much as they could until they broke for the holiday. Emma and I were still in London...but not for much longer.

"Be nice." I instructed as we drove to the studio.

Marcus wanted us to go back and we really couldn't tell him no. Things were too quiet it seemed from the reports he got from Owen and he was too nervous to trust Owen's word. He was also too busy to go check on things himself so Emma and I loaded up the Mini and got on our way.

Liam didn't greet us at the door that time but the sound of messy guitars loudly replaced him. We followed the noise right back to the recording booth and stared at the four with instruments through the glass.

I had to do a double take with Noel. There was definitely something different about him since the last time I saw him about a week or so prior.

"Where's Liam?" Emma asked Owen.

"Right here." A familiar voice replied for him.

We turned around to see Liam standing in the doorway.

My eyes widened as I stared at him. There was definitely something different about him too since the last time I saw him.

He stroked his clean shaven chin glancing away for a second, clearly aware of what I noticed. He turned to Emma. "Ya gonna fix us our tea, Em, or what?" He inquired with a sarcastic shrug.

"Don't get pissy with me!" She snapped.

"It were just a fuckin' question!" He threw his hands in the air. "I've not had nothin' but fuckin' spaghetti hoops on toast for the last two weeks! I haven't shit right in a fuckin'-"

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed holding my palm to my forehead.

"Take a laxative!" Emma stood up and headed for the door. "Or I'll give you a fucking enema if that's what you'd prefer!"

He followed her out of the room and they disappeared down the hallway.

I sat down in the chair beside Owen and pulled out my notebook and pen from my bag. "So how are things going?" I asked him.

"Good." He replied quickly looking down and switching some knob on the mixing desk.

I started writing my notes. Scribbling down my thoughts to summarize what "good" appeared to mean.

He looked at me curiously. "Are you takin' notes or somethin'?"

"Yep." I nodded. "Marcus asked me to so-"

"What'd he ask ya to take notes on?" He interrupted me.

"Whatever's going on around here." I informed him. "Since apparently the word of a cokehead isn't good enough proof."

He rolled his eyes.

"Ee-arr!" Noel spoke through the microphone so we could hear him through the glass. "What the fuck's goin' on?"

"What the fuck's on your face?" I shot back. "I believe you call it face pubes?"

Guigsy giggled behind him as he rubbed his scruffy cheek. He quickly spun around and flashed Guigsy the V sign.