Chapter 124

Palm trees, sunshine, and other jungle like vegetation surrounded us as soon as we left the airport. It was a lot like Ibiza but with the added bonus of elephants.

A taxi drove us to our hotel and after we checked-in we travelled up a long, curved walking path up to our room.

"Bird's Nest Pool Villa." I read the name on the brochure once we set our bags down.

"Yep." Noel replied flopping down on the bed. "Guess we'll be like chickens now." He picked up the remote and turned on the TV.

"Eh, I don't know." I sat down beside him while he flipped through the channels. "Chickens usually can't fly this high up. But we had this rooster one time who thought he was feral. He'd run outta the coop as soon as you opened the door and be out for the rest of the day. Then he'd roost in the tree nearby at night. I remember looking up and seeing him when I heard him clucking. But turkeys roost in trees. Wild ones at least so we can be like turkeys."

He didn't respond and focused his eyes on the football match he found: West Ham versus Man United.

"Ain't West Ham supporters nothing but a bunch of hooligans?" I asked. "Didn't you say-"

"I dunno what I said, Addie!" He cut me off. "And I really can't be arsed to remember."

I pursed my lips remembering exactly when he said it. I wasn't there. It happened long before I met him. But someone thought it genius enough to be recorded and sold to the masses.

"You told Liam if he wanted to smash the bar up just 'cuz he's in Oasis then he can go and support West Ha-"

"That's 'cuz what he done was football hooliganism and I'm not bothered for it!" He lay his head back down and turned his eyes right back to the TV.

"But you were a hooligan." I reminded him. "You belonged to that one-" I stopped when he turned the volume up a couple clicks.

I gazed at the TV watching the Reds and the Hammers go after each other. I was half tempted to start singing "Pretty Bubbles" just because it was so catchy but decided it was best not to.

"How much would someone have to pay you to play at Old Trafford?" I dug trying to get Noel's attention. "Like if they offered you more to play there than Maine Road would you-" I tutted as he turned the sound up even louder.

"I bet someone'll offer it one day." I continued. "You've already done Maine Road so-" I stopped again when the screen went black.

"There appears to have been a power outage at Old Trafford." The commentator informed us. "As soon they get things back up and running we'll be the first to let you know."

Noel pushed the channel button then and surfed through until he found a different match.

I sighed leaning back to get comfortable against all the decorative pillows adorning the head of the bed.

Just then, the phone rang.

"Are you gonna answer it?" Noel inquired.

"I-"

"Ya need to fuckin' answer it! It's interruptin' the football!"

I scrunched my forehead thinking. "Who'd be calling us-"

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" He barked sitting up and reaching over to grab the phone. He picked it up off the hook and raised it to his ear. "Hello?" He smiled as he must've realized who it was. "Alright, mate! The fuck're you up to?"