Chapter 35

Our hotel room had a direct view of the Eiffel Tower and a balcony to make the sight all the more better.

Noel was still asleep when I went out to see it. It was mesmerizing and staring at it made me relax and just enjoy where I was.

It was New Year's Eve Day. The final hours of 1995 were counting down. No parties were scheduled for us to attend and I was happy about that. I enjoyed the break from the loudness, as weird as it sounds. The music and the chaos...it could be quite exhausting at times.

And I think Noel enjoyed the break too.

He remained sound asleep all wrapped up in the blankets when I went back into the room. I'm sure the time change wore him out and I didn't mind letting him rest. I crawled back in bed beside him and began massaging his scalp with my fingers.

He began to stir after a couple minutes, stretching awake.

"Mornin'." He yawned.

"Morning." I replied.

He giggled with a smile as he grabbed my hand and pulled it down in front of his mouth. He kissed my fingers, paying special attention to the one that sported his ring. "We need t'go down the jewelry shop and get ya a proper ring."

I flexed my fingers a bit. "I thought this was my proper ring."

He nodded. "Well yeah but then I got to thinkin' ya might reckon me out as cheap or summat if I don't-"

"I don't think you're cheap!" I assured him. "It's the thought that counts, Noel. Didn't anyone ever teach you that?"

"Well yeah but..." He trailed off thinking. "I just wanted it to be special. I wanted everythin' to be done right and that 'cuz ya deserve it. And I've been plannin' it out but I didn't want it to be too cliché and all that bollocks but-"

"Noel. Please stop. We're on holiday."

He shrugged his eyebrows in agreement. "We are, yeah. Let's celebrate in the bath."

Noel got the water ready and set the towels out. He took care of everything and I didn't feel bad letting him do it. He liked having things a certain way. He liked being the one to orchestrate things. But most importantly, he liked having showers with me.

"Ladies first." He said as he held out his hand to usher me inside the shower.

I giggled a bit as I stepped in.

Noel followed right after me, sliding the shower door closed behind him. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me under the water, forcing me backwards with a hard kiss. He put his hands on my head and ran his fingers through my hair getting it completely wet.

"You want help with your shampoo and that?" He asked through a kiss.

"Oh yeah because I'm sure you're really worried about it." I chuckled.

He giggled against my lips. "Oi! I'm tryin' to do summat nice for ya. If ya don't wanna take me up on my offer-"

"Oh I do." I interrupted him. "But not right this second." I tightened my grip around the back of his neck and pulled him forward, causing him to lose just a bit of his balance. When he got himself adjusted, I made my next move.

I grabbed his semi and began stroking it. Slow at first. Just enough to work him up.

He choked into my mouth as he hugged me tighter.