Chapter 70

We boarded the train to Surrey but Emma wasn't with us. She refused to return of course but I had a feeling Paul would work to get her off her high horse.

            I couldn't worry about it though. I said goodbye to Peggy and Paul just as Liam and Noel had done. I attempted to do the same with Emma but she wasn't bothered to listen to me.

            The train was full but we had one of those private boxes again. Noel and I on one side of the seats, Liam across from us on the other side.

            Noel wrapped his arm around my back squeezing me tight while he gazed out the window. I could feel Liam staring at me piercing right through me with those icy blue eyes.

            I tried to ignore him and pulled out my photo album. I had several rolls of film developed while we were in Manchester and needed to organize my pictures. I turned away from Noel to use the empty seat beside me as a table. I pulled the pictures from one of my envelopes and added them to the album one by one.

            "What's them pictures of?" Liam asked curiously.

            "Various things." I replied as I put another picture in a frame.

            "What kinda things?" Noel inquired.

            I looked up at him. "That football match mostly." I smirked.

            He grinned back at me chuckling softly.

            "Ee-arr!" Liam called.

            We both turned to look at him.

            He looked at Noel raising his eyebrows and nodding towards the door.

            "Right." Noel said with a nod. "We'll be back, Adds." He got up and headed for the door with Liam right behind him.

            I watched them slide the door shut and disappear down the corridor.

            They were gone for a good while but I barely paid attention while I focused on my photos. I got so many copies made of the group during that match...and Oasis still hadn't scheduled their tour.

            But it would be a sure thing when the album was ready just like Liam and Noel's promise to the kids about getting them tickets. There were at least forty of them ready to go bananas when the boys returned up north.

            Liam and Noel returned when my photo album was almost full. They were quite giggly and their eyes glimmered with a very distinct shade of red.

            They plopped down in their respective seats while the train rolled on to the south.

            We arrived at the recording studio where everyone was waiting for us.

            "How's your mam?" Bonehead asked for the group.

            "Good." Noel informed him. "Out the hospital. Runnin' about like usual."

            The boys really wanted her to take it easy after her health scare but she listened about as well as they did. She was always one to keep busy and even though the boys told her not to work anymore, she wasn't about to sit idly by. She told us before we left she had meetings at church with the women's club to prepare for the upcoming Christmas boutique, children's program, and a few other holiday events.

            I told her I'd love to help...as long as I had the time to do it.

            Noel wasn't arsed to chit chat. He told them what he felt was enough to update them on Peggy and that was that. He went straight into the recording booth with Bonehead right behind him.