Chapter 88

I took a deep breath while I held my hand up in front of the door. A deep breath in and out before I reached forward and pressed the buzzer.

            "Alright, Tix!" Liam greeted me with a smile in his voice. "What're ya-"

            "Is Patsy here?" I cut him off.

            "Yeah but-"

            "Let her in, Liam!" Patsy's voice stepped in. "Stop dicking around!"

            "I'm not but-"

            The door opened and there she stood with a smile on her face. "Hi." She said.

            "Hi." I replied.

            "Hey!" Liam piped up. "I'm still 'ere!"

            Patsy rolled her eyes before turning back to me. "C'mon, Addie!" She ushered me inside.

            James wanted to go to the park and Liam was right behind him with a football ready to go. The sun was warm and bright shining down on the quiet green. It reflected off the metal playground equipment heating up the pleasant afternoon.

            Patsy and I took a seat on a park bench watching Liam and James run about chasing each other around a big jungle gym.

            I smiled as Liam leapt forward to catch James but he was just too quick. "So which one of them's in primary school?" I inquired with a smirk.

            Patsy smirked back. "So how's the wedding planning going?" She asked.

            "Oh, it's going. The Hyatt Regency's lovely-"

            "Oh, I know. Meg's told me loads about it. She's so excited to plan everything-"

            "Well I don't think she's gonna plan everything." I reasoned. "I mean-"

            "Of course she's going to plan everything! She's a party planner. It's her job. Plus it'll make things much easier for Emma and Paul so they can focus on more important stuff-"

            "Like what? Their relationship?" I raised my eyebrows curiously.

            She rolled her eyes. "She's doing you both a favor, you know. Have you told Noel about your new little job?"

            "I-"

            "It's gonna be well fun!" She cooed touching the back of my hand. "Something to keep us busy while the lads are away."

            I shrugged my eyebrows.

            "C'mon, Addie! We're sisters now. We're expected to be seen out together. And now we have the final wedding to plan-"

            "Thought you said Meg's planning it?" I reminded her.

            She sighed. "Meg's going to make sure our Emma gets what she wants. This is her wedding and 2Active will be sure to-"

            "Make it happen." I turned away to watch Liam and James playing again.

            I was surprised how quiet their house was that night. I lay in bed staring up into the darkness before turning my head over and drifting off to sleep.

            "Fuck!" The quiet voice groaned.

            I gasped awake and turned on the lamp. "Liam?" I said blinking at him in shock. "What the hell are you doing?"