Chapter 7: What it used to be

Yuna's pov

"Yo, Yakuza Princess. Shouldn't royalty sleep on a mattress than a sofa?" I open one of my eyes and see the dragon boy. I groan before I sat up and rub my eyes. Good thing, they haven't gotten rid of Shin-san's sofa.

It's always so comfortable on his sofa.

"I had a long talk with Emma which I was mad enough to not stay there with her. Besides, Shin-san's sofa is so comfortable" I said as I was fully awake and I looked at Draken. He looked convinced by knowing I like the sofa very much that he and Mikey always pointed out that there's a 'White Wolf' sleeping on the sofa. "Now I remember what I wanted to do," I said as I slapped Draken's arm with half of my strength which is the amount I used to beat up the annoying brats. Draken utterly said 'Ouch' while I stare at him with my porker face.

Now I feel satisfied.

"What the hell was that for?!" He angrily asked which my eyes sharpened in irradiated that scared the shit out of him. I'm a thousand times scarier when I get mad. And he knows it very well. "Because I wanted to" I answered snarkily before getting out of the sofa and grabbing the blanket before walking away from him. I heard him say 'What I do' by knowing I don't get mad without a reason.

He should find it out by himself than me telling him.

And besides, I'm losing my patience already.

"Good morning, Yuna! Did you sleep well?" Grandpa Sano asked in his loud voice which I smile and nod. Grandpa Sano looked happy while Emma was cooking breakfast and trying to focus on her reality after I give her the 'talk'. Yeah, it was a long talk that I crash straight to the sofa after I finished it. I soon help Emma with the cooking which she looked relieved that I wasn't mad anymore with her.

Of course, I didn't tell Mikey or Draken about what she was trying to do. Mikey has full trust in Emma that she loves Draken while Draken knows that she's childish.

"Oi, Draken! Can you wake up your cat and tell him that breakfast is ready!" I uttered spoke which I look back and see Draken holding Mikey who was half asleep and mumbling 'Food'.

Oh, what a sight.

The girls from middle school were right that Mikey will be the worst candidate for dating.

"Morning, Mikey. Do you need some hot milk to wake you up?" I jokingly said which Draken slightly chuckles while he was doing Mikey's hair that was all messy and covering his left eye. I and Emma soon sat down while Grandpa Sano was reading his newspaper. "Stop babysitting me, Yun-Yun. I'm not a kid anymore, I can take care of myself" Mikey soon sad which Grandpa Sano and Emma end up laughing loud while I and Draken looked at him in amusement. "Why are you laughing?!" Mikey asked which Grandpa Sano looked at him with a wide grin.

"Manjiro! You crazy rascal! You couldn't take care of yourself if Ken and Yuna wouldn't there! Haha! Manjiro, you will be the worst husband and boyfriend! Hahaha! May Shinichiro has been weak at fighting and not much of the ladies' type but he would have been probably a good husband! And Yuna, you're an angel. Taking care of my immature grandson and you have been a great wife to Shinichiro if he was alive and if you were around his age" Grandpa Sano said in his proud voice that I blink twice while Mikey looked with WTF expression.

Yeah, Grandpa Sano is kind to me due he and my Grandma are friends and he knows the type of family I'm from. He sees me as a family member which he wants me to get find a good and reliable boyfriend or husband to stop babysitting this related man child of his grandson.

"Why did Shinichiro ask her to be his fake girlfriend when she turns 18?"

"She lost rock paper scissors"

"Dammit, Shinichiro. I can't believe she said yes"

Mikey said which Emma looked at him in amusement. After breakfast, I changed into casual clothes as walked out of the bathroom and got out of the Sano House. "Yun-Yun, don't you want me and Ken-chin to take you to your part-time job? Mitsuya is close by to take you" Mikey soon said which I sigh before shaking my head sideways. "Pretty sure that I can walk there since it's not that far. Besides, stop treating me like Princess. The delinquents will think that Toman is ruled by Demon Queen instead of Invincible Mikey" I said with a smile.

"Come on, Yuna. You're from the high class which I think you're maternal family might be some noble family back in the Samurai days"

"Draken, Kang is from my mother's side. It's my paternal family"

"Oh shit, sorry. When will you tell us about your paternal family's name?"

"Well, you will never know" I spoke playfully which Draken and Miley cursed loudly as I laugh. They will never know about my father's family name.

"Okay, Mikey behavior yourself. The girl's parents will be there and they will be emotional since you know"

"I will try. See ya, Yun-Yun"

"See ya, Mikey"

Present: 2017

Author's pov

"This wasn't supposed to be a goodbye forever..." The adult Yuna said as staring at the window that was Japanese Traditional style. She wore a white kimono as sitting near the window while hugging her knees. Tokyo in the night as the city was shining brightly. Yuna sigh deeply as her golden eyes were tired and depressed.

"It used to be so bright back in those days... Now it isn't... Mikey, forgive me for not being there when you needed me... I should've been there"

Character's info

Etymology:

The name Yuna means (優) (Yu)  tenderness, excellence, superiority. (月) (Na)/meaning moon.

Yuna's surname Kang [姜] means Ginger.