Chapter 10: The one that got away

Author's pov

Present: 2017

Takemitchy and Naoto went to find Nobutaka Osanai who was the fearsome and violent leader of Moebius to a mild-mannered and apologetic man in the present. Naoto did question him about what happened when Toman and Moebius fight, he explained that he heard Toman looking for him and his gang which they fought but it wasn't the official fight that was announced on that date. Takemitchy tried to ask him about Kisaki and Mikey but he had a mental breakdown and freaking out as replying these words.

"If Draken hasn't died and the White Demon didn't disappear, then my life wasn't be ruined..."

"I can't believe this was the man who drove Tokyo Manji Gang to this brutal point. So, Takemichi, what did you get from Ryuguji and Kang related to Sano?" Naoto asked while Takemitchy was in deep thought about Yuna and her relationship between Mikey and Draken. 'Yuna-senpai is the other heart of Mikey-kun. It's almost like Yuna-senpai is equal to Mikey-kun since even though that Draken-kun is Mikey-kun's second in command, he's more of a protector while Mikey-kun shines like the sun. Yuna-senpai is like the shimmering and silent like the moon. She does act like the big sister in Toman and almost like a mother. And she's Mikey-kun's closest friend... But I wonder why he hasn't given up on finding her? I did when Hina was back in my original timeline. Their relationship is that special?' Takemitchy thought.

"Takemichi"

"Sorry, Naoto. Draken-kun and Yuna-senpai are Mikey-kun's hearts. And the reason why Mikey-kun has been looking for her is that she's his childhood friend. That she told me about him and her in their childhood, it's clear that they're very close... But I wonder why she left? I don't think she's the type of person of leaving a friend, especially Mikey-kun" Takemitchy explained. Naoto nod and said that Kisaki took advantage of Mikey's state to get top.

Takemitchy soon nodded as he saw a black car wherein the dark glass window he saw Yuna's face. "Huh?!" He uttered the car past him which Takemitchy was shocked that Naoto notice his expression. "Takemichi, what's wrong?" Naoto asked in his usual serious tone as Takemitchy looked at him with his wide blue eyes.

"That car...! Yuna-senpai was there!" Takemitchy said which Naoto was shocked as he tried to catch the car's license plate but he couldn't. 'That was Yuna-senpai! I'm sure of it! I wonder where she was going?' He thought in full curiosity.

Meanwhile with Yuna.

"A Princess doesn't cry, (oh). A princess doesn't cry (oh). Because monsters in the night don't waste with boys with pretty eyes..." Yuna sighs tiring as she faced the window with her tiring bright golden eyes. 'It's been 12 years since Draken was murdered. His murders end up suffering the wrath of my Gramps and my people for my state...I haven't slept well ever since I move back to Asakusa and haven't seen Mikey ever since' Yuna thought as she wore a long-sleeved open-back black dress with heeled boots. She had her long platinum silver hair tied into a lower bun with her strands framing her face.

She sighs again while holding hot curry in the plastic small lunchbox.

"Yuna, are you sure that you wanted to do earlier? You can wait until the anniversary of his death" the driver soon said while driving. Yuna looked at him with her sharp eyes that show grief and mourning. "Mikey will be there in his grave on his anniversary. If he sees me...I don't know if he's going to leave me alive...I mean he did kill Masataka Kiyomizu with his bare hands, Yamazaki" Yuna said which the driver nod while he looked at a Blasian woman who nods in response.

This man was Daisuke Yamazaki, Yuna's caretaker and her bodyguard in this timeline.

He never thought that the boy who was so attached to her would become a violent and fearful gang boss and what scared him was that he would kill Yuna.

Yuna sighs more as they soon got to the graveyard. She soon walks out of the car as the Blasian woman pulls up an umbrella to shadow Yuna from the sunlight, Blasian woman and Yamazaki soon walked to the graveyard and find their destination.

The Japanese traditional grave with the name of Ken Ryuguji.

Draken's grave.

Yuna soon places the hot curry on his grave before standing in front of it. "Forgive me, Draken. I couldn't stay Mikey's side as I promised to. I'm truly sorry" she said grieving and remorse before she soon walked away with Yamazaki and his partner while getting to the car, they didn't notice a man with a dragon tattoo on his neck was watching them.

To Yuna's paternal family's home~

Yuna couldn't sleep as she stare at the ceiling before looking at the sleeping bills she usually takes to sleep well due to the suffering of sleep deprivation. She sighs as she soon sat up from her futon. 'I can't sleep...maybe checking the cherry blossoms would help me than the pills' Yuna thought as she got off from her futon wearing a sleeping white kimono. She soon walked through the mansion before going to the gardens. She soon places her cloth zori as walks to the beautiful cherry blossom tree.

'Every time I look at it reminds me of Mom. She was like cherry blossoms, so beautiful. And also, calm and gentle' she thought. She soon hears the sound which she turns to her right and sees a man with long blond hair slicked back, black empty eyes, and a dragon tattoo on his neck.

It was Mikey.

"You finally found me...I was right that you would bring a gun" she coolly said as staring at the gun that he was holding. She fully turn her body to him while Mikey was giving an emotionless expression. "Yuna, why did you leave me? Why did you break the promise when Ken-chin died that day? Do you know the pain I went through?" Mikey asked coldly and bluntly which Yuna chuckles by hearing him speaking in that tone than usual carefree and sunny voice.

"I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. When the moment Emma called me that Draken died, I was as pain much as you but mine was more painful. The next thing I was out of my control...Mikey, can I ask you this before you pulled the trigger on me" she asks with a weak smile as looking at the boy she knew for a very long time that turn into the coldest and merciless gang leader and killer. "Say what you wanna say now" he replied with his cold voice which she look at the cherry blossom tree.

"I guess you find out my paternal family's history in either way. Mikey, do you see me as me or something else?" She replied as looking at him. Mikey still has his cold look but his eyes glow and soften. Yuna closes her eyes by knowing that he will kill her. She knew death was coming.

"I don't care about your paternal family's history or the things they did, you're always the same girl I knew and care about the most..." He said which Yuna smile by knowing Mikey meant it despite being part of her family's legacy. "Which that's why I wanted to share my last moments with you..." Yuna soon open her eyes in pure shock as Mikey pointed to the opposite target.

"MIKEY!"

*BANG*

Yuna's eyes widened as her face was drowned in horrifying while Mikey smile before coughing blood and his chest start breeding.

He shot himself.

"Mikey!" Yuna runs towards him as he soon hit the ground. She holds him while tears were threatening her eyes. "What have you done? What the hell have you done?! You stupid little shit! Why did you do that?! You should've shot me, not yourself!" She yells at him in pure angry and fear while Mikey smiles as his skin begins to turn pale. "Because I couldn't...Yun-Yun...I have been asking myself why did you leave which I know. I put you into this shitty mess I made and I made you suffer for much...If Ken-chin and Emma were alive, then they would have scolded me for hurting you in this..." Mikey said as tears fall from his eyes which Yuna shouted his name as heard the staff coming since they did hear the gunshot.

"Yuna..." Mikey soon places his hand covered by blood on her face while she was sniffing and begin to cry. "I'm sorry for everything...please kill that bastard who ruined our lives...I wish we could've more time together...I love you, Yuna" he said with a bright smile and closed his eyes as Yuna cry more.

"Please don't leave me, Manjiro! I haven't told you I love you too! Please...don't leave me alone...Manjiro.."