Chapter 74: Lamenting

Warning ⚠️: This chapter will have angst and very emotional scenes.

And for the record, I ain't Iseyama.

Author's pov

"So, today, Emma met Draken, you know the kid who I saved his ass from those punks and who became my one of best friends and right hand? He and her seems to have something... it's nice seeing her smiling again and at the same time, kind of funny of Izana being the protective older brother...I almost got image of him being Ross who he find out about Monica and Chandler" Yuna spoke with a smile on her face as she had her long hair, into a ponytail with her hair strands framing her face.

She wore a gray, outcut hoodie top and white tank top with a pair of black joggers with white lining on the sides, and a pair of white sneakers.

She chuckles before looking upwards.

"You know, since...Grandpa Sano died... it's been really hard on Emma and Shin-san. I mean Shin-san didn't know that Emma was being bullied at school and of course, he was rarely home. My guess was that she needed a role model and someone to protect which that's why she came to me....Aish, I don't understand why Shin-san lies that he studying and working at hospital when I know he been making deals with those shitty bastards and their shitty business...Four years and I can see how Keisuke and Haruchiyo are so much worried for him...Shit" she cussed as tears begin to fall on from her bright golden eyes.

She turned around to the person who was talking and it was a very skinny blond boy who was in vegetative state and looked at her with those lifeless black eyes.

It made her sobs more as hitting her so hard.

"I know this is not the life you wanted... I'm sorry, I understand why Haruchiyo said that and too be honest, I wished you were still here......I miss your laughs, I miss your voice, I miss your childish expressions...I missed your smiles...I miss all the times we were together...I miss you, Mikey..." She cried more as holding his skinny head that look like bones and only felt the cold.

"I-I don't care if we have to meet up the next life, I will more than happy seeing you healthy and alive...After all, I'm in love with you"

End of the memory

"A perfect life....Shin-san, I know you wanted us to be happy...but yet, this is not the best life for us" Yuna mumbled while walking through the streets.

She looked completely tired and exhausted emotionally by recalling all of those different timelines' memories that gave her a great headache.

All of those times she tried to save Mikey, she didn't know what was that made him trigger those Dark Impulses.

Unlit she find out why.

Those Dark Impulses aren't born out of melancholy, sadism, or murderous violent.

They were born out of love.

'I always kept asking how the hell did the Dark Impulses were born? I mean Mikey is good person and despite being always a brat, he has a good heart. I always thought it was because what happened in that day and how Haruchiyo got his scars....God, it was from Shin-san...But despite Mikey got to make it to his middle school years and later adulthood, the same shit keeps happening' she thought before she sighs heavily.

She kept walking as taking out her medic and took a pill for her condition.

She was heartbroken by finding out the truth.

She suddenly step where Takemichi and Hina where in a playground and seeing their heartwarming but sad scene.

"I love you, Takemichi-kun. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that I already knew. I don't care if I'm going to die in the future... I'm happy that you're with me..." Hina confesses her love for Takemichi which he looks at her in some shocked with tears on his eyes.

"Hina!" He nearly shouted which Yuna got the same Deja Vu from those timelines.

Where Mikey died but he still confesses his love for her and apologizing to her for everything.

She felt responsible for the situation of Takemichi and Hina.

"Don't think it's your fault that Hina keeps dying Takemitchy" Yuna soon steps up which Takemichi and Hina turn around and looks at her.

"Senpai?" He uttered as they noticed the tiredness and exhaustion written all over her face. She looked how her previous alternate adult self where everyone in Toman and Mikey dies and mourning for them.

She was devastated.

"I know about what happens in the future, I can see the future and believe me...And I'm sorry for not saving you, Hinata.... I'm sorry for being this useless and pathetic enough to see that scene keeps haunting... I'm sorry"-Yuna

"Yuna-senpai, that's not your fault. You're not a bad person"-Hina

"You're wrong, I am. I done so many horrible things you wouldn't know...I hurt so many people and despite all of them were horrible, I am the worst" she said with tears on her eyes which surprised both Takemichi and Hina.

'Senpai' Takemichi thought as he never seen this of her. He saw Yuna's future alternatives and seeing them lamenting towards the death of her love ones and friends.

But he never saw Yuna being this devastated and heartbroken.

"I killed Kisaki...I killed him in so many horrible ways, hell, I even gave him karma for what he did to you and Sendo....and after Mikey was died, I became completely different...Despite I killed Kisaki out of vengeance and my anger...I took satisfaction of it...I took disgustingly pleasure on his pain and death...It makes me so sick of myself....I hated what I became in the future" Yuna confesses tearful which Takemichi and Hina were stunned by her words and looking at her in sympathy.

In the original timeline, she wasn't like her other future counterparts. She was somehow happy despite dealing with all the heartbreak and angst.

She had them, they were the only ones who supported her and knowing those precious friends of her dying for something so wrong.

It made her sad.

"But don't worry.... I'm still trying... I'm still trying to give you all a better future with no deaths. I promise I will give you the best happiest future" she smiles with her tears on her eyes and remaining resilient enough to not let herself to breakdown.

Takemichi looks at her in some shocked while Yuna looks at them.

'I promise this, Takemitchy. I won't let you down and I will do my best to clean this ugly mess. After all, I can't let my close friend kept dealing with this shit' she thought.

In the Original Timeline, Takemichi Hanagaki was her close friend while he was in her gang.

The original Tokyo Manji Gang or Tokyo Revengers.