Chapter 21: Struggles

Author's pov

In Present: 2017

After the funeral of Hinata.

Takemichi holds the burned necklace of Hinata as kneeling on the ground. Takemichi shed tears and mourned Hinata's death and failed to save her alongside Akkun.

Takemichi soon heard footsteps approaching him which he thought was Naoto.

"Hey, Takemichi-san, sorry about Hina-san"

Takemichi open his eyes wide as he turn around and saw a tall figure with a soft smile and those bright sky blue eyes looking at him.

He was speechless.

"S-Sachan?!" Takemichi said which Saemon nod before smiling more.

"Gosh, you're still baby crying like usual," he said with a soft tone as Takemichi was surprised by seeing the adult Saemon.

Saemon as an adult was growing tall like 5'11 and had his spiky brown hair dyed in crimson color. He wore a black coat over a black suit.

Takemichi never met the adult Saemon in the original timeline but he was happy to see him again and alive.

"Come on, stand up. Hina-san would be sad if she sees you like this, Takemichi-san" Saemon soon said as he offer his hand to help Takemichi stand up from the ground.

Takemichi in his tears grabs Saemon's hand which Saemon pulls him up to stand up before letting go of his hand. Takemichi smile at him as brushing the tears away from his eyes.

"Sachan...you...you grew big" Takemichi soon said as he didn't know how to describe Saemon's appearance. Saemon chuckles and still gentle smile at him before Naoto came.

"Takemichi and...Agent Hiroshima?" Naoto was surprised by seeing Saemon as Takemichi was confused when Naoto called him 'Agent'.

"Agent?"

"Yeah, a lot has changed, Takemichi-san. I'm an undercover agent, I left my bodyguard job"

"That's amazing, Sachan! And Yuna-senpai? How's she doing?" Saemon's expression soon changed when Takemichi asked about Yuna.

'His expression changed. What happened? Is she still in Toman? I mean I need to make sure she didn't leave Toman and know-how dear she is to Mikey-kun' Takemichi thought while Naoto also thought that question as well.

"Yuna-senpai...she's left Toman about 12 years ago" Saemon answered which shocked Takemichi along with Naoto. Takemichi didn't want to believe it but he saw Saemon's sorrow and serious expression that there was no doubt that she left.

"Why?! Why did she leave?!"

"It's not about why she left, it's what made her leave"

"What?"

"Sano...Sano is the reason why she left...he made her leave..." Saemon soon responded which shocked Takemichi and Naoto as he recalled how close Mikey and Yuna were that he never wanted her to leave him.

But everything on October 31...

"What?" Takemichi uttered as Naoto wanted to question him but he couldn't since he didn't have the authority to do so.

"Takemichi-san, you better leave Tokyo now... it's not safe for you...and Toman is not the same anymore" Saemon soon said before he walked away from them as leaving Takemichi confused and wondering what did happen.

'What happened? Why did Mikey-kun make Yuna-senpai leave?'

In Past: 2005

'I have to do this, this order to save Toman from Kisaki. I'm sorry, Yuna but I can't let you join me and Kazutora in this mess I created'