Chapter 4: It's the Small Things in Life

"Pidge care to explain?" Shiro asked. 

    "ME! I only know what happened to Keith! And you know the story too!" Pidge exclaimed. Lance and Hunk exchanged glances. Shiro gave Pidge an unimpressed look. 

      "Fine," Pidge said sitting down.

      "And don't just summarize." Lance added, "Details."

      "Keith's lion got hit yesterday, and I noticed while everyone else had split up that Keith wasn't there. I went down to his lion, who let me on and he was pretty banged up. By that point everyone else was in bed so after I dragged him into his room, I grabbed the manual first aid kit. That took care of the cut and bruises, then I had to pop his shoulder back into place. Happy." Pidge siad quickly.

     "And THEN," Shiro began,"Keith's curiosity got the better of him and he tried to figure out who you were right? But you knew it was irrelevant so you didn't tell him, and he pinned you down, trying to get you to tell him, however sleepy he was." Lance started laughing as Shiro showed them the texts.

     "That still doesn't explain how Keith's jacket got on her." Hunk piped up. Everyone looked at Keith.

     "That, was my fault. I put it on her so she would confess. Last night I was super tired so I could only narrow it down to a few people..." Keith said calmly. Pidge looked down at her feet, her face as red as Keith's jacket. Everyone except Keith and Pidge were laughing their heads off. Keith smiled at the short girl, his heart beating fast. He was kinda hoping it was her, as he had a little crush on her.

     Keith walked over to Pidge, crouched down, and lifting up her chin a little bit, gave her a soft kiss on her cheek. The laughter died, and Keith could feel their stares boring into him. He looked down at Pidge who had somehow turned even redder. He was about to stand up a leave when Pidge grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him into a kiss. 

It caught him off guard at first, but he relaxed as he realized that he was no longer a loner. Now he had his little nerd.