Chapter 2: Avatar AU

Allura watched in shock as Pidge started to walk away.

     "If I told you, you never look at me the same again." Pidge said as she walked out of the village. "You would never look at me with that innocent look again." 

    Allura had no clue what Pidge was talking about. She was always pretty closed off about her past. Her and her mother had arrived 10 years ago, a broken family, and the water clan took them in. 

   "Is she okay?" Shiro said from behind, and Allura jumped.

   "Oh, it you. I don't know. She has never acted this way before." Allura said. 

    "You know. She looks like a friend of mine, but that is impossible, he is not a Waterbender." Shiro. "Here, maybe me and the guys should go talk to her." Allura nodded, and Shiro jogged back and got Keith,Hunk, and Lance.

     Shiro walked over the hill were he last saw Pidge and his mouth dropped. In front of him was a steep hill, and Pidge surfing it on a log. She was doing crazy jumps and flips. Lance and the others got to the top of the hill and Lance gave a loud whistle. 

    Pidge looked over and she turned her board and flew towards them. She flew over their heads and hit the ground in a turned, stopping her momentum. 

    "What do you guys need." Pidge asked stepping off her board.

    "We-I just wanted to say sorry." Shiro asked.

    "Why? None of you did anything. The whole Fire thing just brought back some painful memories. Plus I am not a fan of fire."

     "Are you sure it's okay?" Hunk asked.

      "Yeah, I just need time to cool off." Pidge said. 

       "How were you doing those jumps?" Hunk asked.

       "She has a pretty good air sense." Lance answered. "I mean she can tell where she is in the air. That is why she lands on her feet most of the time too."  Just then the blare of a horn sounded. Lance and Pidge exchanged glances.

      "What? What does that mean?" Hunk asked.

       "Firebenders." Pidge answered and the group ran down the hill and into the hidden village. Pidge hide anything visible with snow, and that's when she saw the Firebender ship. It was massive, black with a red streak down the center. They clearly didn't see the village, as they sailed on by and out of sight.

     Pidge watched the horizon well after the ship left, waiting for it to return and kill them all.

    "Has anyone ever told you you're a bit paranoid?" Keith asked.

    "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" She said, salt in her voice. Keith walked up beside her, and he looked out over the sea.

     "Allura sent you didn't she." Pidge said after a while.

     "Yep."

     "Thinks I need to warm up to the Firebender."

      "Right again."

       "Not a chance." Pidge said jogging back to the village. Keith just stood there in silence. What is her problem, for the love of embers something is wrong with her, Keith thought. He walked to his room in the village and night fell.