Chapter 1: Detectives of Garrison

Police sirens wailed in the small country town of Garrison, and they light up the night. Police tape surrounded the Shirogane household. And the youngest member of its family sat on the front porch, hands rubbing his forehead in stress. Keith.

    Police ran around the property, completely stumped. One of them walked by Keith, putting a shock blanket on him, one that he really didn't need. Two officers came up to Keith and he looked up at them.

    "You must be Keith," Said the female officer, holding out her hand. Keith cautiously shook it. "My name is Officer Allura, and this is my partner Officer Coran." She said, pointing to the orange hair man twirling his mustache besides her. "I understand that you live here?"

     "Yes with my brother," Keith said.

      "How did you come to find that your brother had been kidnapped?"

      "Well, I was sleeping in my room, when I heard Shiro shout my name from downstairs. Before I got downstairs, he yelled for help. When I got downstairs, he wasn't there and one of the windows was broken." Keith said.

      "And your brother, describe him," Coran said.

      "He's 6 foot, has a robotic arm because he is an amputee, and he is practically made of muscle."

      "Hmmm..." Allura said. She stood there thinking until another officer came up and put his hand on her shoulder. She turned and he took it off.

       "I know you are probably going to hate me for this..." He said scratching his head. "But, ourdetectivesarestumpedsoIcalledPidgedon'tkillme!"He said, using his arms to hide his face from any attack he was expecting from Allura.

     "YOU WHAT!" Allura shouted. "LANCE YOU IDOIT YOU CALLED THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING NEIGHBORHOOD PIECE OF SHH----"

     "Nice to see you as well, officer." Someone said from the path that led to the door. Allura, Coran, and the new officer turned their heads 90 degrees and saw a teenage girl.

      "Pidge," Lance said relieved.

        "Pidge..." Allura spat.

        "Ignore her," Lance said walking up to the girl. 

         "Oh I usually do," Pidge said. Allura glared at her.

          "Lance! Why did you hire the freak!" Allura groaned.

           "He didn't hire me, Allura. Unlike you, I work for free and still do my job." Pidge said. "And he is the Cheif of Police, he can do whatever he wants and you would have to bare through it anyway." Pidge said sarcastically, she turned to Lance and left Allura growling and clenching her fists." Now explain to me the situation."

        "The kidnapper has struck again. This time with one Takashi Shirogane." Lance said.

        "Interesting..." Pidge mumbled. "Were there any broken windows?"

          "Yes in fact...how did you know?" Lance asked. Pidge started to pace.

           "There were windows broken in the other two kidnappings, there had to be some connection," Pidge said. "Anything else?"

           "We found a fingerprint, but----" Lance said,

          "What?!" Pidge said.

           "We found a shard of glass with a fingerprint, we took it to Hunk in the labs to analyze it..."

            "Then why are we hanging around here! Let's go!" Pidge said she took out a Sherlock-style hat a put it on. Then she ran towards her bicycle and started to pedal away.

            "Good riddance you wannabe Sherlock," Allura muttered under her breath. Then she saw Lance and Coran walk towards their motorcycles. "Where do you think you two are going?"

         "She may be annoying Allura, but she is our only hope. Keith, Allura, you coming?" Lance said. Keith stood up and jogged towards his own red motorcycle, parked on the street in front of the house.

          "Fine." Allura groaned, and she trudged to her motorcycle and followed the others.