Chapter 1: Are You Feline Okay?

The paladins sat in the lounge in silence, waiting for Shiro to come back. It took awhile but Shiro finally walked in.

     "How is she?" Allura asked.

      "Burning up. I asked her if she wanted to go the healing pods, then she starting ranting about how it would build up her immune system and how the healing pods do heal that type of injury, she checked."

     "Yep, she's fine." Keith said. Lance shot Keith an angry glance. 

     "Will she be okay?" Lance asked.

     "She is a fighter, but I don't know what this is. Not cold, not fever. It is some space thing. She can't go on the mission sadly. So Allura and Coran will have to come with us. We need a fighter and someone who can deal with tech."

    "I can do it!" Someone said from the entrance. Everyone turned to see Pidge.

     "Pidge! What are you doing out of bed?!" Hunk said.

    "So far, walking as it turns out." Pidge said. Keith chuckled and the paladins all shot him a death glare. "So, when do we leave?"

    "Oh no, you are not going. You are staying here." Shiro said.

    "I can take care of myself."

     "Not in this state you can't." Lance said.

     "Then why you leaving me alone then huh? Yeah that's what I thought." Pidge said. Then she yawned and sat down on the floor in front of the couch.

     "That is a good point." Hunk said.

      "I vote Keith!" Lance said.

      "What!"

      "I don't see a problem with that." Shiro said. He looked around and everyone agreed, but Pidge was sitting up asleep. "Okay then, Keith you stay here and watch Pidge. Okay, team let's go." Then the paladins left a sleepy Pidge and a grumpy Keith behind. 

    "Whatever. Come on Pidge." Keith said picking her up. "You are lighter than I thought." Keith walked into her room, and stepping over all her random stuff, set her on the bed.

    He sat on the edge of her bed, and looked around. His own room was empty, but Pidge seemed to have a lot of stuff. It had only been a minute when two little floating bugs slowly flew over to Pidge. Pidge woke up a little as they looked down at her.

     "What are those things?"

     "No clue. They were my company when the wormhole failed that one time." Pidge yawned. "Keef, what are you doing here? Where am I?"

     "You are in your room, and I was voted to stay with you."

     "Lance I bet." Pidge said, then she curled up wrapping her arms around Keith's hand. Keith was super confused. He tried to pull his hand out, but Pidge had a firm grip. She ended up pulling him further onto the bed, and she was still asleep.

    Keith fell back on top of her and Pidge wrapped her arms around him, and he was laying down now. Pidge held Keith tightly, and Keith was trying to escape her grasp. After awhile, Pidge let go and Keith realized he could get out, but he didn't move for a full minute.

    Keith finally got up, and checked Pidge's temperature. Pidge stirred slightly, right when Keith put his hand on her forehead. She took his hand and kissed it, but she was too tired to do anything else.

      "Do you get really flirty when you are sick, or do you just have Lance syndrome?" Keith said. Keith took his hand back and he went to the kitchen to go make her some food. When he got back, Pidge was sitting up and on her computer. "Ah ah. Nope." Keith said, closing her computer.

     "Come on, pwease Keef." Pidge pleading.

     "Nope, now eat, I need to check something." Keith said. "And I am taking this." Keith said grabbing her computer. 

    He left then went to the bridge. He looked at the mission progress. No, they didn't need backup yet. Yet. Keith was about to leave went he felt a small pair of arms wrap around him. He turned, and looked down at Pidge. 

     He sighed, and ruffled her hair. It was a lot softer than he expected, and he ran his fingers through it a couple of times. 

    "Pidge? Why are you out of bed?" Keith teased.

    "I missed you." Pigde said. She sounded like a toddler and their parent.

    "Let's get you to bed okay?" Keith said. Pidge nodded. Pidge held his arm and the two walked back to her room.

        Pidge laid down in her bed and Keith sat down next her. Pidge pulled him onto the bed more, then crawled into his lap and fell asleep on his chest.

     Keith was paralyzed. This was the first time anyone had ever flirted or shone interest in him. He couldn't handle it. But it was about to get worse.