Chapter 2: Angels

Keith, Shiro, Hunk, and Lance all sat around the dining room table in their dorms, eating in silence. Keith was lost in thought, still thinking about Pidge.

     "So...did anything interesting happen today?" Shiro asked after a while.

     "Keith got a girlfriend." Lance teased.

      "DID NOT! I thought she was going to die and when she didn't I was relieved." Keith snapped. 

      "Yeah, but you hugged her," Lance said. Keith was about to object when Shiro started to talk.

      "That would be Pidge then," Shiro said. Everyone else looked at him.

     "How do you know?!" Lance asked.

      "Well, all angels are guys. So it had to be a devil or a demon. I am guessing she was small because you two didn't notice this. I can also assume you were farther away. And, if she was small, she is a devil. Now there is only one devil who is small enough to be covered by an angels hug, wouldn't stab Keith for hugging her, and loves to trick people and that is Katie 'Pidge' Holt." Shiro said.

    "Holt, as in the demon and angel couple?" Hunk asked. "They had kids?"

    "Yep. Matt and Katie Holt. Matt is my best friend since our group split up, and he is the only troublemaker. Pidge, on the other hand, is a demon who follows every order and has never run a foul. She is also the smallest out of both Cloud and Under. Anyway, how was weather patrol?"

     The others moved on to a different topic, but Keith couldn't stop thinking about Pidge. How small she was. How she tricked him but didn't try and escape his hug. 

    Keith looked up to see the others looking at him. He looked around super confused about why they were all staring at him.

   "Keith, have you even been paying attention?" Shiro asked.

   "Nah, he zoned off as soon as we stopped talking about his girlfriend." Hunk said casually. Lance burst out laughing and even Shiro had to stifle a laugh. A knock came from the front door, cutting into the laughter like a knife.

    They all stood up and Shiro answered the door. He came back with an old man with a bright orange mustache.

    "Hello. My name is Coran. I am the Clouds archangel and I am here to talk to this group about their new mission." The guy said. "You have all been reassigned. Something has occurred on the other side of the planet. You and a team from the Under will be going to check it out. You begin at dawn, at that time I will come and escort you to the Under where we will get the girls." Coran said. He started to leave when Lance asked a question.

    "What are the girl's names?"

     "Allura, Shay, Plaxum, and Pidge," Coran said, then he took off. Keith's knees buckled on the spot.

      Keith sat on the ground, his heart pounding out of his chest. The others looked at him with worry.

    "Keith, did you just fall at the sound of Pidge's name?" Hunk asked.

    "Speak of the devil he did!" Lance said. Then he and Hunk exploded out laughing at his joke.

     Shiro laughed with them and lifted Keith up by his tunic collar. Shiro stood Keith up, and while Keith was now standing, he was about as stiff as a rag doll. So, not at all. Keith's face was still red when they all went to bed. And his heart was screaming out of control.

//Now while this has happened, Pidge and the others have been doing something else so here is their perspective.//

     Pidge and her team jumped out of the portal and got into place for roll call. The Under was organized but in a military sort of way. Not only was the entire Under a maze of tunnels and caverns around a central cavern, but they had a commander and jobs. 

    While the angels kept the skies clear, the demons and devils fought off the monsters that emerged from Earth's core. 

    The central cavern that they were in now was a sphere with hundreds of wide ledges and a thin plateau in the center. Each ledge held a district of demons, each district having one devil. The demons fought, and the devils planned attacks. Another thing you should know is that a district was in charge of one area, thus why it is called a district. 

    Pidge's district was the smallest. It only had 3 demons, compared to the 20 that the 8 other districts had. Her demons were Allura, Shay, and Plaxum. They were the test group to see if a bouned group did better than a large one. So far, it was a yes.

    Pidge and the others stood at attention as the Under leader inspected the districts. He was the Under archangel, his name was Amreil. Amreil was a sweet leader who somehow managed to memorize everyone's name. He flew over to Pidge's district, number 5, and inspected them. He walked to Pidge and took a white feather off of her.

    "You did the falling thing didn't you," Amreil said. Pidge looked down and blushed. Amreil smiled and ruffled her hair. "You're not in trouble. At least you got one finally," He said before moving on to the next ledge.

     Pidge sighed in relief. Then her group and she turned, walking into the cave that leads to district five.

    "You actually got one?" Plaxum asked as they got into their district. 

    "Yeah, the guy was so worried he gave me a bear hug. If Allura and Shay hadn't scared him, I don't think he would have let go."

     "He hugged you?" Allura asked. Pidge nodded. She was about to say something else when a roar erupted from their cavern. The girls looked at one another then ran. Rushing in they saw an immense green monster.

    "Someone let Jealousy into our district!" Shay said.

     "Voltron 23! Go!" Pidge yelled. Voltron 23 was one of her plans to restrain wild monsters. The girls grabbed the chains from the walls and surrounded the beast. Pidge flew above it in its blind spot. Plaxum threw the end of the chain at Pidge, who caught it and threw it to Allura. 

    Allura and Shay pulled and attached their end of the chain to the wall, which was saying something because the monster was about as big a Voltron. The beast roared and as the chain tightened, its front legs were forced to a kneel.

   The team did the same the thing to the back of the beast, forcing Jealousy to lay down. Jealousy was thrashing and the team was nowhere close to being done.

   Allura and Plaxum took the side of the huge muzzle they were carrying, and Shay took the front. They worked the sides on the brutes jaw, but just before they could snap it in, Jealousy snapped and caught Shay in her mouth. 

   Pidge flew in before Jealousy could close her mouth and she held its mouth open. She was struggling and Shay crawled out. 

   "Pidge! Get out of there!" Shay cried.

   "No! Finish the job first!" Pidge got out.

    "But-!"

    "That is an order!" Pidge shouted. Shay nodded and the rest of the team got to work. Pidge could hear the clanging of metal, and the horrific screams of her teammates as Jealousy claws hit them. Pidge closed her eyes and tried to block it all out. I can't help them right now, focus on surviving. 

    She stayed there, holding Jealousy

s mouth open, as the animal tried to close it with all its might. Pidge couldn't hold it for much longer, and the last thing she saw before she gave up and blacked out was Amreil and some others coming to fight the beast off and save her team.