Chapter 3: The Hook Up

"Wha-hut did I do," Pidge groaned. 

"You don't know?" Keith asked.

"I have no clue!" Pidge said. "All I know is that Kosmo started something, and know everyone is joining in," she sighed. "I am sorry that you had to rescue me. And for all of this week. I am going to go hide in my lion," Pidge sighed again then started to walk towards her lion.

"Wait, they'll be expecting that," Keith said. "Why don't we go down to my lion?"

"I appreciate the offer Keith, but you have already had to rescue me several times this week, I should be able to save myself,"

"This is different than a Galra attack. You know how to escape those. The trouble is this is our friends and animals and we have no idea how to deal with them. Come on, you are not a burden, let's just go,"

"O-okay?" Pidge said. Keith stood on his platform with Pidge and together they got down and into the Black Lion. They sat down on the floor and about a minute passed of awkward silence. "So what do we do now?" Pidge asked.

"I hadn't really thought of that," Keith said. Then his phone rang. 

"Keith where are you? Pidge got out!" Lance said.

"I just finished training, why?" Kieth answered.

"We want to see if we can lure her out with a trail of cookies, but we need two people placing and two people baking, can you be a placer?"

"Sure, be right there. But I do have to get back to training soon," Keith said and the call ended. "I'll be back," Keith said, ruffling her hair on the way out. Pidge watched him go then crawled under the control boards and took out her screen. She pulled up the tracker setting and watched as little chibi versions of her friends and animals walked around. She watched as Keith walked down the hall and into the kitchen. Then she started to play Tetris. 

//Time skip//

Keith entered the Black Lion and saw Pidge underneath the counter. He smiled and crawled under too, sitting next to her.

"I'm back," Keith said.

"I am still not sure why," Pidge mumbled.

"What was that?" Keith smiled.

"Nothing," Pidge said fast. Keith laughed and pulled her into his lap.

"No!" He laughed. "What was it?" He hugged her tighter, as he looked at her over her shoulder.

"It's just...I don't know why you are helping me," Pidge said looking up.

"Why? Because I care when my friend is kidnapped by my other friends for no apparent reason," Keith smiled.

"Oh sure, like that comes up often," Pidge smirked. Keith hugged her, rocking them both back and forth. Pidge leaned into him, a little confused by this display of affection. Keith rested his head on her shoulder and they kept laughing. Then poof. Kosmo was in front of them.

The two stopped laughing and jumped a little bit. Kosmo sat in front of them with his little doggy smile.

"We should probably run before the other get here," Pidge whispered. Keith nodded. Pidge tried to crawl off of Keith's lap, but Kosmo stood up and growled at her. She leaned back into Keith and Kosmo sat down and smiled again. "I think I know what they have been trying to do," Pidge said, not taking her eyes of Kosmo.

"What?" Keith asked, also looking at Kosmo.

"They are trying to hook us up. The whole lot of them," Pidge said. "Those little bit-"

"Did it work?" Keith interrupted. Pidge blushed. Smooth Keith,  she thought.

"I-I um," Pidge said. "Wait, what kind of question is that?"

"Pidge, I.."

"No, like seriously. Who would ask if the plan the friends made to hook them up worked? That is the most-"

"I meant will you go out with me," Keith said.

"Yes, but I am still ranting. I mean that is a smooth way, but asking the person that you are being shipped with if the hook up worked is..." Pidge kept ranting but Keith hugged her tight and kissed her cheek. "...now let's go get some cookies," Keith looked up.

"What?"

"Cookies, if they are all gone I am going make them, come on!" Pidge said standing up and grabbing his hand. Kosmo let them pass.

//Meanwhile//

"So why was Pidge kidnapped up again? And why did we make cookies?" Lance asked Romelle

"We were trying to get Keith to save her so they could hook up, but we haven't seen Pidge and Keith has been training-" Romelle stopped as Pidge ran by dragging Keith behind her.

"What-did, what just happened," Lance asked.

"It means, we have a wedding to plan," Krolia said.