Chapter 2: Still Born

Pidge woke with a note from the Council of the Dead in her hand. They were the people in charge of the afterlife, sending ghosts and spirits back to the real world to save lives, rewrite their past mistakes, and other reasons. 

Pidge looked around she was in an alley in a big city. She was about 15, her age had she not died. She looked at the note in her hands. 

You have a life to save. Top of the 52 story Jefferson  Apartment Building, 12:35 pm. 

It was 6:30 right now, so Pidge decide to just get there and wait. //Time skip//

It took her 6 hours to find the right place. She used the elevator and got to the roof. She opened the door to the roof and saw someone already standing on the edge of the roof. But that mullet and the familiar posture made her fear skyrocket. Keith.

"Keith! No!" She said, stepping forward and outstretching her hand. He turned to look at her. He doesn't know me. He won't remember.  Pidge thought. She put her hand down and looked at the ground as he stepped towards her, away from the edge. Pidge played with her sleeve cuff and was blushing.

"How do you know my name?" Keith asked as he stepped towards her again.

"I-I um," Pidge stuttered. Keith looked at her confused. Like he recognized her. 

"What is your name?" Keith said.

"P-Pidge," Pidge said, she closed her eyes, expecting the worst. Instead, she heard paper shuffling. Pidge opened her eyes to see that Keith was taking something out from his wallet. He pulled out an older piece of folded paper and unfolded it. He held it for Pidge to see.

It was the picture that Keith had drawn when they had met.

"You still have that?" Pidge said. Then she put a hand over her mouth. If you had been sent down, you couldn't reveal yourself. Pidge only used her name because she had never born and no one would know her, and she thought he had forgotten. 

Keith dropped his wallet and the folded paper and ran to Pidge and hugged her. Pidge hugged him and they cried into each other's arms.

"I thought I would never see you again," Keith said.

"I thought you forgot about me," Pidge cried into Keith's chest.

"No, no. I would never forget you. I could never," Keith said.

"Why were you going to kill yourself?"

"I don't have anyone left. And I wasn't, I couldn't bring myself to," Keith whispered. "How are you here?"

"The council I told you about decided that you were worth saving. And so do I," Pidge said, they loosened the hug and Keith looked her in the eyes. Then he dove in and kissed her. Pidge was shocked at first, but she soon kissed back.

"I love you," Keith said when they broke.

"I love you too, but you know they could take me back whenever they want," Pidge said.

"Then let's make the most of it. Will, you be my girlfriend,"

"Yes!" Pidge said.

//Meanwhile with Council//

"We got her!" a young member said. "She thought that she was going to save his life, she thought wrong!"

"Then why did we send her down there?" An older member said.

"The poor boy was her old friend, and he was lonely without her. So we just gave her back to him,"

"When will we take her back then?" the older member asked.

"The same time the boy joins us, til death do them part, and then some," 

And that is exactly what happened to Mr. and Mrs. Kogane.