Chapter 1: Angels

Before the Earth held humanity, balance thrived. The angels stayed in the clouds and the demons and devils below the crust. Wile the surface and sky were mostly neutral, neither overstepped their bounds.

      The Heavens were organized and for every 3 young angels, there was a mentor. Our story begins with mentor Shiro and his angels. Hunk, Lance, and Keith.

                                                          --------     

     Keith flew around his groups' dorm clouds, savoring the time off of training. He looped around the dorms again, breathing in the fresh air . He paused and hovered for a second, looking down at the Earth far below. Keith was just about to take off when something whipped down in front of him. Keith looked down to see that the something was actually a someone. 

    Keith's heart dropped and the angel inside of himself convinced Keith to dive down after the figure. Keith was right above the person and he reached out his hand. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the Earth hurtling towards them. 

     The figure gave Keith a look as if to say 'really?'

     The figure gave Keith a look as if to say 'really?'. The Earth was too close now, and Keith was forced to pull out of the dive. He watched in fear as the figure continues to drop. The figure abruptly opened their wings, which Keith was shocked to find that they were black, and parachuted down. Keith flew down to meet the figure as it landed softly on the grass.

   Keith landed in front of the figure, and he got a good look at them. It was a demon girl about 14 years old. She had short hair, fiery red in color, and she had black tinted glasses. Her short green top was torn and in ruins at the end and so were her black shorts. She had small green horns, and black wings, and tail.

    She was also perfectly fine, and Keith was so overcome with relief that he ran over and tightly embraced her. As he did, his wings folded around her, as all angels wings do when they hug another.

    The demon was tiny for a demon, and between the bear hug and Keith's wings, all you could see of her was a tuff of hair.

   After about 30 seconds, Keith heard the voices of his friends, Hunk, and Lance, teasing him from a nearby cloud.

    "OoOoOhhhh" Hunk teased.

     "Keefy's got a girlfriend!" Lance said. Keith's face went red and he instantly let go and backed away. Promptly after doing so, Keith saw two more demons walk into the clearing. These were also girls, and they were vastly different from the one Kieth had tried to save. These two were taller, had larger wings, were meaner looking, and buff.

     "Pidge where have you been!" The one with white hair asked. Then she saw Keith blushing and standing awkwardly away from them.

 "Pidge. Were you toying with the angels again! You have been told not to do that!" The big buff one asked.

     "Ah come on Shay! I was only having a little fun! Besides, I actually tricked one today! Allura help me here." Keith's demon 'Pidge 'said.

    "No, you know what happens when I side with you," Allura said. 

    "Y-you are demons!" Keith quietly stammered. The demons looked at him.

    "No," Shay said she pointed to herself and Allura. "Her and I are demons. Pidge is a devil. There is a difference. We are bred to fight, she is smaller and tends to prank or trick people."

   "Now come on, if we don't get back soon, our district could be overrun,"Allura said. Then she somehow opened a portal in front of herself and the three dove in, the portal closing behind them. Keith was very, very confused.