Chapter 3: The Letter

Ha! Think I was going to leave out the awkward and embarrassing parts? Yeah right!

"Wait," Keith said. "I should read the other letters," Keith read them all, his heart beating louder and a louder. His fell back on his bed after reading all of them. "She is amazing," 

"Paladin's we need to talk strategy in the bridge," Shiro said. Keith hid the letters in his belt and walked to the bridge. Everyone was there but Pidge. "Where's Pidge?" Shiro asked. Keith shrugged, hoping inside she didn't see the letters were gone.

"Here!" Pidge ran in, covered in oil. She was in a tank and her glasses were in her room. Keith lightly blushed. 

"Why are you covered in oil?" Lance asked.

"The quantum capacitator blew-"

"Nevermind, I don't want to know," 

"Okay paladins. We need to talk about....." Shiro blabbed on and on, and no one was listening anymore and they were all seated. as he was turned away from them looking at the screen. Lance and Hunk were playing rock par scissors, Pidge was working on her computer, and Keith was standing, his mind wandering far away. "Got it? GUYS!"

"What?" Lance asked.

"Were you even listening!?!" Shiro asked.

"No,"

"Nope," Hunk said.

"Ish," Pidge said.

"Keith please tell me-"

"Sorry, zoning off,"

"Come on! We are fighting a war-"

"Next time just tell us the plan, not everything in between," Lance said.

"Just go for now," Shiro said.

"I'll be in the engine room," Pidge said.

"Let's go make food," Hunk said to Lance. Keith just walked away. When no one was around he backtracked and went down to the empty lab. He went to the toolbox and he took out the letters. He neatly stacked them in front of the toolbox and he went over to her desk. He grabbed a pen and paper and wrote: I 'like' like you too --- Keith. 

He sealed it in an envelope and on the front wrote: To Pidge---From Keith.

Keith set this next to the stack of the other letters and he ran. He kept running. He whipped past and very confused Hunk, and he dove into the training room. He somersaulted and stood up.

"Start training," Keith said. Moments later Hunk walked into the room.

"Keith?"

 "Pause training," Keith said. "Yeah Hunk?"

"What was that about?" Hunk asked innocently.

"What do you mean?"

"You were running and running, and then you dove in here and," 

"It's nothing," Keith said.

"Okay," Hunk said and walked out of the room. Keith continued training.

//Meanwhile//

Pidge walked out of her room, all cleaned up now. She started walking needing to get something from her toolbox in the lab so that she could work on her computer.

She walked down to that lab and walked into the room and her heart stopped. The letters were neatly stacked outside of her toolbox. She slowly walked closer. That is when she saw another letter next to the pile she picked it up. Her faced flushed and she dropped the letter and ran inside her room.

She curled up under the bed and rocked herself. "This is bad. This is really really bad. He wasn't supposed to know. No one was supposed to know. How did he find them? It was in too random of a place for him to just find them-oh. The mice, I saw them but didn't think anything of it. I am going to hide here forever," She said to herself. The door opened and the mice scurried in. They ran to her feet. "Thanks a lot. Now he knows," Pidge said to them.

Then they made the same type of hand signals that Pidge used. 

"What do you mean 'did I read his letter'? Of course not! I dropped it and ran!"  Pidge said. The mice facepalmed. Two of the mice left. One of them came back holding Keith's letter. Pidge slowly opened it, expecting the worst. When she read it she covered her mouth, dropped the letter and started crying. She curled back up. "I can't believe it. He likes me back. I-I," Pidge mumbled through tears of joy. The second mouse came back with someone.

"Why are we here?" Keith said from outside the door. Pidge's eyes went wide. She crawled out from under the bed, opened the door and tackle-hugged Keith. Keith stumbled and fell, Pidge still holding onto him. "Hey," Keith laughed. Keith sat up a little bit, now leaning on the other side of the hall. "You okay?" Keith asked. Pidge looked up at him, her eyes shining from the tears. "Pidge?" She buried her face back into his chest.

"I love you," Pidge said. "So, so, so, so, so much," Keith smile and ran his fingers through her hair.

"Love you too," Keith said. They had stayed there for a couple minutes when Shiro, Lance, and Hunk came around the corner.

"Um?" Hunk said.

"Why are you and Pidge on the floor?" Lance asked.

"I have known Pidge long enough to know she probably tackle-hugged him. She does that a lot," Shiro said.

"Yeah, but why?" Lance asked. Keith smiled at them then looked at Pidge. "Wait, did Keith just-"

"Dude, Keith just smiled," Hunk said.

"Is she okay?" Shiro asked.

"I don't know. You okay babe?" Keith said looking Pidge. She let go a little and looked at Keith, surprised. Then she hugged him tighter and buried her face in his chest again. "Yeah, she will be fine," Keith said.

"Um, you realized you called her 'babe' right?" Hunk said.

"Yep,"

"Okay that is what I thought, I was just checking you know, cause sometimes I mishear people, and- WAIT! You called her babe!!!" Hunk said. Keith laughed and looked at his beautiful Pidge holding on to him.