Chapter 1: Worlds Apart

This is a suggestion by @samz12131. Thank you for giving it to me I hope you enjoy! At this point, Keith has found his mom, but he is the Black Paladin and still part of the team. 

The Paladins sat at their seats on the bridge in silence. Each one doing their own thing. One by one time picked them off and they began to leave, finding better things to do.

Pidge didn't move. She was thinking about going to Earth. She missed the grass. The sun. The fresh air and summer breeze. She thought about how Earth was like the entire universe as one. Different races living in different places and starting wars. The need for innovation and survival. But mostly, she was thinking about her mother.

Pidge knew that if she made it back and her mother was okay, she was going to be ground for life. But how did her mother feel right now? Her husband and son were launched into space, only to be declared dead. Her daughter ran away and also became lost in space. Her dad was surely back by now, but what would her mother think of that? 

Would her mother believe? She was a smart woman, a botanist who believed in the impossible, but the truth seemed like it could be a made-up TV show or something. What if her mother wasn't okay? What if something happened to her before her father had returned?

Pidge slowly looked at her computer screen at the picture of her mom that she had been staring at for the past hour.

Keith was sitting in his chair, not knowing what to do. He thought that he was the only one in the room until he saw the glow of a computer coming from Pidge's station. Is she still staring at that picture?

Keith stood up and walked over to Pidge's chair and just stood beside it. Pidge was so lost in thought that she didn't notice him at all. "Pidge? You okay?"

Pidge jumped, both in her seat and out of her own train of thought. "Ah! Oh...um...yeah...I-I'm fine,"

"You have been staring that woman for hours,"

"Oh...she's my mom. I just...miss her," Pidge sighed. "And I don't know if I'll ever see her again. I just miss my mom that's all," There was a brief silence.

"It's okay you can share my mom," Keith said out of nowhere. Another wave of silence passed before Pidge began to chuckle, then laugh. 

"That was great!" Pidge laughed. "That was the most hilarious thing I've ever heard!"

"Yeah well, that sounded better in my head,"

"Keith," Pidge said softly putting a hand on his arm. "I needed to hear that. Thank you,"

Keith blushed. Then after they talked for a while Keith turned and left, and met his mom in the hall.

"So, Keith..." Krolia said casually looking down at her hand as she leaned against the wall.

"Mom! Uh- how much of that did you hear?" Keith asked coyly.

"Oh, all of it," Keith turned read, "So, when are you going to start courting the Green paladin?"

"MOM!"