Chapter 2: Band AU

There were three young kids who might as well be professionals, and they were recording a song on the flow without any lyrics. (The next part was already sung but I am putting it in for continuity.)

    "I know that dress is karma, perfume regret. You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine. And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect? But you're not coming home with me tonight. You just want attention, you don't want my heart. Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new. Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start. You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you (over you)." Lance sang. His voice was slightly shaky at this point because he had started to cry a little bit. He paused and took a deep breath before starting again.

 "What are you doin' to me? (hey) what are you doin', huh? (what are you doin', what?).(What are you doin', to me? What are you doin', huh?). (What are you doin', to me? What are you doin', huh?).(What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?). Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start. You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you (over you)." Lance finished. Pidge stopped the recording and was about to call the others in when see saw Shiro and Keith.

     "Ahhh!" Pidge jumped. 

     "Sorry, we scared you," Shiro apologized. "I am Shiro, an employee. This is Keith, my intern."

     "It's cool. I am Pidge, that is Lance, and that is Hunk." PIdge said. Then she turned to the intercom and Shiro and Keith sat down on the nearby couch and watched, knowing they didn't need any help. "Lance, Hunk. Good job! Come in here so we can edit it."

     Lance and Hunk came in and Pidge introduced them to Shiro and Keith. Then they listened to the recording.

    "That sounds really good actually," Lance said. "Could you play the song in the headphones so I can add some overlays?"

     "Yeah! Hunk you can stay here, Lance, head on in," Pidge said. Hunk sat down by Shiro and Keith and quietly talked to them while Lance recorded all of the overlays. (Yes I know they were already in the lyrics, but that is impossible for one voice so bear with me here.)

     Lance came back in when he was done and Pidge added the overlays in. That is when Coran came in.

    "Ah, hello. So the school wants to put all of these in a video right? so they have asked me to tell you that whatever you have recorded, parody or goofing around or whatever, that you need an  intro, so bye!" Coran said then left.

     "I guess we should record that intro then?" Hunk said.

     "Here, I can record you guys while you are in the studio," Shiro said getting up and going to the booth as the three walked into the studio.

     They all sat on stools and had microphones and headsets. Shiro gave them the thumbs up to start.

    "Um...okay...I guess I'll start. Hi, I am Katie Holt. This is Lance, (Hola- Lance), and this is Hunk, (Hey- Hunk). We are here in Altean Studios for the all A's reward trip. It has been super fun and my friends and I have recorded a song called...dang it, we forgot to name it," Pidge said.

     "Hunk you were guitar, what should the song be called?" Pidge asked Hunk.

     "Me!? What about Lance! He sang the whole thing!" Hunk said.

      "I don't remember the song! I was writing it on the flow! Pidge you recorded and did all of the techy stuff what should the song be called?" Lance said.

      "How about Attention? (Yeah-Lance)(That's Good-Hunk)," Pidge said, with the other agreeing. "So yeah, I am Katie Holt, here with Lance Mcclain and Hunk Garett, and this is Attention. Enjoy!" Pidge said. Then she signaled for Shiro to stop recording and the three walked into the booth. "That was a struggle,"

     "Yeah, but I liked it," Shiro said, "It gave you personality,"

      "Thank you," Pidge said.

       "Katie? I thought your name was Pidge?" Keith said as he walked over them. 

        "It's a nickname my brother gave me and it stuck," Pidge said.

       "Cool," Keith replied.

        "What school do you guys go to?" Hunk asked Shiro and Keith. "The same school as you, we just came straight here. We usually take the night shift here,"

       "Hey, so maybe we'll see you around!" Hunk said.

       "I have a feeling that when that song gets out, you guys will be coming here more often. Because that song was amazing!" Shiro said.

     "We should start a band, that would be so fun!" Lance said.

     "You want to join Shiro and Keith?" Hunk asked.

      "I can record for you guys," Shiro said.

       "I am a little bit of a drummer," Keith said.

       "Then it's settled! We got a band! How about we call it Voltron!" Lance said. Everyone agreed. 

      "Can we meet up here tonight at 9:00 or so?" Hunk asked.

      "Works for me, I sleep like every two days," Pidge said.

      "Shiro and I will be here," Keith said.

       "I am good!" Lance said. Then they left together as the recordings were gathered up and the students sent to school.