Chapter 1: Paladin's Creed (Violence & Gore Warning)

Keith walked down the alley, the depth of night covering the quiver in his steps. He peered around the corner of the abolished building. The destruction caused by the nuclear war was enough to set trepidation into the hearts of anyone. Few survived, and those that did were mostly kids. Everyone had to kill if they wanted see the next day. 

      Gangs had formed too, the biggest one being the Galra. They ruled practically all of London at this point, leaving the others in the zone to fend for themselves, or death by their hand. Keith was part of another group however, Voltron. It was just starting and didn't have that many members, but the point was to stop the killing and help others settle down.

    The one whom had started the group was the butler of another member, both from upstate. Coran was his name, the only reason he had survived was because Allura, the girl he worked for, knew how to hide. 

     They had made a list of all of the toughest and best rebels in all of London, and went around bring them to the cause of peace. The list was made up of the top 5# rebels in the area, each with a legend behind them. So far they had gotten these  4:

     #5, Hunk Garrett. Mostly known as 'The Big Guy' for his shear size. Sure he was overweight--I'll admit, but think in a world like this no one laughed at him. They all wondered where did he get the food from?! Stories of cannibalism followed quickly, the longer you talked, the crazier they got. 

      #4, Lance McClain. Also known as 'The Taylor', he knew the town like the back of his hand and could hide in plain sight. He could jump in silence, and shot from above. Stories about how he could travel through shadows and was death itself wound around him. He left a blue mark wherever he went, and no one knew why. 

       #3, Keith Kogane. Referred to as 'The Dark Knife'. Quicker than lightning they said, sharper than the eyes of an eagle. His eyes were a purple that no one had ever seen. His knife was said to be the reaper of souls, and that he collects them. 

        #2, Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane, the 'Champion'. His right shoulder has the galra brand on it, which makes him all the worse. It means he got caught, tortured, and lived to tell the tail. The stories range from his bloodthirst to his robotic arm that he tore of some victim of his.

       All of these supported the cause, along with a couple other groups like the Blade, and the Rebel Fleet. It was Keith job to get the last and worst recruit. The #1 on the most dangerous on the list of assasin out there. Not even the galra could take 1st.

     #1, 'The It'. Name unknown, gender unknown. Age unknown. The it has taken blown up entire galra forts and no one saw it come or go. The It is not a buff creature, but it is small and extremely clever. So clever, no one had ever seen its face and lived to tell the tale, it rarely showed mercy and it was unbeatable. The worst part about it? The it seemed to be searching for someone. No one knew what or why, all they knew is that the it would kill with no remorse if you were in the way of that thing.

     Keith job as he slipped through the night, find it, talk to it, don't die. Every step could very well be his last. He was about to leave to dark alley, when a black hand squeezed his shoulder. He tensed, and glanced at the hand. Blacker than death, melted like ice, firm like an oak. 

     The hand retreated and Keith wheeled around with knives drawn, but there was nothing there.