Chapter 1: Gay as F@#&

The 101k special!!! This is before they knew that Pidge was a girl but after Keith and her big fight. Don't worry, the title will make much more sense after you read the story.

Keith was pretty sure that he was gay. About 88% sure. Mostly because he was he was about 88% sure that he had a crush on Pidge.

He lay on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. Pidge was just so, so indescribable. Keith didn't even know how to describe why he liked him. Maybe it was because Pidge was so smart, like the brains to Keith's brawn. Maybe it was that they both had the same anger and passion. Whatever it was, Keith could not get Pidge out of his head.

Keith sighed and lazily got up and walked into the control room, where Shiro was working on some strategies. Keith walked over to his chair and draped himself across it.

"Hey, Keith. You alright?" Shiro asked not looking up from his computer.

"Yeah," Keith mumbled.

"Okay," Shiro said. Keith and Shiro didn't say a word for a couple of minutes. Keith played around with a question in his head, not sure if he should ask it, or what Shiro would say. 

"Shiro, How did you know you were gay?!" Keith burst, not able to keep the question in his head any longer. Shiro stopped everything he was doing.

"What?" Shiro asked turning to face Keith's chair. Keith fidgeted with his hands and didn't meet Shiro's eyes.

"I-um. This was a bad idea," Keith stuttered.

"No no no. There's no going back now," Shiro said taking a step towards Keith. "Well, first, when I was younger, maybe middle school, I would wonder when I was going to start liking girls or even have a crush. It wasn't until high school when I met Adam. It was small things at first. I started to want to be around him. My heart would skip a beat when he touched me, and I couldn't stop thinking about him,"

Keith's face turned slightly red. That sounds a little too familiar. I'm gay, Keith thought.

"Keith, why did you ask me that question?" Shiro asked.

Keith tried to cover it up, "Well, I-I was just curious-I mean you never really talk about-"

"Keith," Shiro said in a warning voice.

"I am pretty sure that I have a crush on Pidge!" Kieth said. "It's like a band-aid, you just have to rip it off,"

"Really! That's super cool Keith!" Shiro said.

"Wait, really?" Keith asked.

"Yeah! Earth tends to make the LGBQT+ community seem like they're bad or different, but they're not. Being gay isn't a bad thing, struggling through sucks, but it is just who you are and everyone struggles with that in their lives!" Shiro said. "Speaking of Pidge, I need to make sure she actually goes to sleep tonight. Would you mind going down to the lab and sending he-him off to bed for me?"

"But-" Keith said.

"Relax, you will be fine," Shiro said. 

"Okay," Keith groaned. Keith got up and started to walk towards the door.

"Remind me one of these days to teach you how to flirt with boys!" Shiro said.

"Shiro!"

"Hey, I'm just saying. It won't be as bad a Lance and you might as well try," Shiro said. Keith shrugged and walked out of the door and towards the lab.

Every step was a struggle. Now that Keith had worked through and admitted his crush, it had somehow worsened. His heart beat with every step he took, and the lab seemed like a place all of his dreams and fears hide. 

He finally got to the door of the lab and gulped, taking a deep breath, trying to calm down his ever beating heart.