Chapter 3: Hogwarts

Keith walked through the halls, on the second day of winter break. Most of the kids were gone, and he just walked next to Shiro as he talked endlessly to him. They turned a corner and walked into the courtyard. They stopped short when they saw Lotor, about 5 Ravenclaws paralyzed, against a first-year Slytherin.

"Sectumsempra!" Lotor yelled. The spell hit the girl and she froze, blood spots appearing all over her body. She grabbed her stomach, she sobbed in pain, her body flinching as she cried because even crying hurt. She fell backward. Shiro, Keith, Lance, and Hunk pushed passed Lotor and rushed to the girl. She aimed her wand at the sky and whispered a spell. A flare blew up in the sky silently, in silver and green.

Keith put a hand on the girl's shoulder when he heard running footsteps. Pidge ran over to the girl's side.

"Vulnera Sanentur," Pidge said healing the deep gashes. The flinching stopped and the girl stopped crying as hard, although she was still in pain. "Tergeo," Pidge said, and the dried blood disappeared. "It's okay Romelle, I'm here. You are safe now, I've got you," Pidge said, taking Romelle's hand and holding against her own cheek. Romelle smiled through the tears, then fell asleep. Pidge put Romelle's hand down and turned to the boys.

"Get. Back," Pidge ordered pointing her wand at them. Shiro, Lance, and Hunk backed up 5 feet. Keith slowly stood up and reached out his hand touching his hand on her wand, pushing it down. 

Lotor laughed behind Shiro, "She was better of dead--"

"Petrificus Totalus," Pidge said calmly. He froze in place, paralyzed. Shiro was shocked that she could so easily do such an advanced spell. They all turned, not Lotor when two more Slytherins ran around the corner. The two buff 5th-year boys ran to Romelle. "Kosmo, Rover. Get her out of here. She needs to rest there," Pidge said. "I get these guys,"  The two boys nodded and carried her off, Kosom casting a spell making them invisible and disappear.

Keith took a step towards Pidge.

"We are not here to hurt you. It was Lotor who hurt---" Keith said.

"I know what he did," Pidge growled. "But why should I trust a Gryffindor," Keith opened his mouth to speak, but Lotor unfroze and launched a spell over his head and at Pidge.

"Sectumsempra!" Lotor shouted.

"Protego!" Pidge said blocking the spell. "Expelliarmus!"

"Protego!" Lotor said blocking. "Sectumsempra!" 

Lotor hit Pidge and she lurched back in shock, her mouth open, blood splashing out of it. Tears fell down her face but she made no sound. "Flipendo," Pidge whispered, and Lotor went flying backward.

Keith ran to Pidge trying to support her as she almost doubled forward. "Serpensortia," Pidge said and a snake appeared from her wand. "Chamber. Say open. Get help," Pidge said in the snake language. Then she blacked out. 

"Shiro! Do something!" Keith said holding Pidge as blood poured out of her mouth and the gashes. 

"I have never seen this!" Shiro said.

"What is going on," McGonagall said jogging over with Madam Pomfrey. "Poor child,"

"Vulnera Sanentur," Madam Pomfrey said. She told Keith to carry her to the hospital wing. Shiro told McGonagall what had happened.

//time skip//

Madam Pomfrey had let Keith stay by Pidge's bedside. He sat next to her, holding her hand. He didn't care that she was a Slytherin. She wasn't bad, none of them were. She risked her life to protect her friend. 

Keith couldn't stop thinking about the gashes she had had. How she almost choked on her own blood in her mouth. He held onto her hand tight. 

Pidge woke up with a start. She jolted up and was greeted by a hug. She couldn't tell who it was, but the Gryffindor colors and black hair gave her a hint. She was still tired so she just leaned into the hug and ended up falling asleep in the crook of Keith's neck.

//Time skip//

Pidge woke up in her bed. She climbed out of the snake where her bed was and she climbed down to the aisle. Romelle ran and hugged her.

"You're okay!"

"I'm okay. But what about you!" Pidge asked. 

"I'm good,"

"Then what were you thinking!" Pidge said breaking the hug. "It is too dangerous out the for us to be alone," 

"I know, I'm sorry. I just got hungry,"

"Woah, Woah, Woah. So you almost died, because you were hungry! That is so not fair," Hunk said. Pidge looked at him,

"Why are there outsiders!" Pidge said drawing her wand.

"Slow down," Lance said.

"The young Gryffindor refused to leave your side, and we had to take him with, but the others joined in," the Prefect said. "Anyways they seem fine, they would make decent allies,"

Keith walked up to Pidge and hugged her. At first, Pidge just leaned into him, but she slowly and awkwardly brought her hands up to his waist and hugged him back.