Chapter 3: The Prince and the Pauper

After Pidge got the rundown of the war, suggested some strategies the were well taken by the generals, she was starving. It was around 6 am now, and Pidge walked to the dining room. As the doors to the dining room opened, she saw the queen sitting down in her nightgown.

     Pidge sat down and started to eat her breakfast, when Allura walked into the room. Hair a rats nest, yawning every two seconds, and pj's still on.

     "Someone's up early..." Allura yawned as she sat down at the table. She yawned again, now stretching. 

     "Maybe you are up late." Pidge said, standing up. Pidge grabbed here dish and took it to the kitchen and wash it off. The chef looked at her weird, probably because she was washing her own dishes. Pidge dried the plate and silverware off, then put them away. 

     Pidge walked out of the kitchen and saw that the queen and Allura had left. She shrugged then jogged over the throne room, hoping to start training.Pidge got to the throne room, but no one was to be seen. 

     "You are already ready?" Someone said from behind her. Pidge jumped her blade  jolting in front of her. "Wow, you are ready." Lance said. Hunk moved behind Lance from where he was standing in the shadows. 

     "Where is Allura?" Hunk asked. Lance looked around, apparently just realizing she wasn't there. 

     "Yeah. Where is she?" Lance asked. 

     "She just woke up... I have been up for hours. And she is most likely going to be in full 'princess' get up." Pidge said. Lance sighed and looked at the door.

     "Too bad. She was really pretty..." Lance sighed again. Hunk and Pidge exchanged a surprised glance, that turned into a plotting face. "Anyway, we have to wait for her, or call her down. We aren't allowed to go with just one of you."

     "What if you stay here Lance, and bring Allura when she is ready. Me and Pidge can go on ahead." Hunk suggested. Pidge and Hunk had made a silent pact to get Allura and Lance together, and Hunk had just initiated the first stage. 

     Pidge quietly chuckled as Lance's face light up at the idea. He nodded and Hunk lead Pidge away down the long hall of the throne room. The room was only light by the thrones right now, so as Pidge and Hunk opened the main doors, they were in the shadows.

     Hunk lead Pidge out of the castle and into the streets of Altea. They traveled through the busy streets, through some back alleys, down another street, passed the crowds, before they finally got to where they were going. They were in the rundown, mostly abandon part of the capital, and Hunk walked over to a dojo looking building.

     He knocked on the door, and a man with fiery red hair and a mustache opened the door.

     "Hunk! I haven't seen you in forever! Come in!" The man said. Pidge and Hunk walked in and the man showed them to a small kitchen in the back of the house. "Here I have some special Kaltenecker Approved milk, do you want some." 

    "Yes please!" Hunk said. Pidge shook her head as the man started to pour her a glass. Shrugging he handed Hunk his glass and sat down at the kitchen's island with them. They sat in silence and drank their milk, Hunk finishing quite quickly. "Coran, this is Pidge. Pidge this is Coran."

     "Well nice to meet you young lady." Coran said, gesturing to the wide training area they had walked through to get to the kitchen. "Welcome to the Castle of Lions Royalty Training Academy! Castle of Lions for short."