Chapter 1: Band AU

This is going to be a long one, and the song above will be sung. After this will be the genderbent AU.

     "Why!" Lance groaned, "Why did Nyma cheat on me? And with that idiot Rolo!" Lance leaned against Hunk dramatically.

     "Some girls are just like that," Pidge said playing with her tech. They were all in Hunk's empty garage.

     "You're not like that and you are a girl," Lance said sitting up.

     "When have I ever acted like a girl," Pidge said, "My nickname is literally Pidge,"

      "That is a very good point," Hunk said. He fiddled with the strings on his guitar. "Get your mind off of her Lance, maybe that school field trip tomorrow will help,"

      "Oh yeah, I forgot about that, where are we going?"

       "The school is taking the A students to a recording studio to play around. Hey! You could write a song about how you feel right now! Hunk will be guitar, and I can be the rest of instrument on my DJ-ing thing I made!" Pidge said.

     "I guess," Lance mumbled leaning on Hunk again.

---------- Next Day ----------

     "Come on Lance, this is going to be fun!" Hunk said as he, Lance, and Pidge walked into the studio with their class. 

     "I don't know, I don't think this is going to work. And I don't really sing," Lance replied.

     "Your family has a karaoke night. You. Started. It. Besides, the school rented out the whole building, we can find a studio for ourselves, no one will have to hear," Pidge said.

      "Did you bring that special DJ stuff?" Hunk asked.

       "Never leave home without it," Pidge said pointing at her backpack.

        "Students! I am Coran, I run this studio! Allura here assists me. We have a few basic rules. Please be careful of the equipment, 'cause if you break it you pay for it. You can go into any studio, with anyone. We have some employees and interns in each room to record you. The recordings will go to your school for them to give to you and to use for the school assembly you will have afterward. That will be to get others in on the fun of straight A grades. So go have fun!"

      Hunk, Lance, and Pidge walked down the halls, walking past the other rooms that were being filled. They found one some distance from the others and walked in.

     It was empty, with no employees or anything, but Pidge knew how to use the booth and she sent the others in and turned the intercom on.

     Hunk and Lance walked into the studio and grabbed stools and sat across facing each other. Hunk grabbed a nearby guitar and Lance the microphone. Both had the headsets on. Pidge plugged in the booth and put her own headset on. (The booth allowed for remixing and adding from inside the booth itself.)

     "I don't even know what to sing," Lance said. "Or how this is going to help,"

     "Didn't she openly cheat on you, and beg for you to come back?" Pidge said.

     "Yeah, she just wanted attention---WAIT! I have an idea! Hit it Hunk!" Lance said.

"1,2,3,4," Hunk started to strum a melody on the guitar. After a few seconds, Lance vocalized then waited again.

      "You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on my name. 'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up. You've been going round, going round, going round every party in L.A.. 'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd be at one, oh" Lance sang as Hunk played along. Pidge finally joined in, add a remix, a keyboard in the background. 

       "I know that dress is karma, perfume regret. You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine, oh. And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect? But you're not coming home with me tonight," Lance sang. He paused and Pidge killed the keyboard, was going to add the beat when he started again.

       "You just want attention, you don't want my heart. Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new. Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start. You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you."  Now the three were really getting into it, and Pidge added the beat, keyboard, and remix. (Song above is this one.)

     "You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwing that dirt all on my name. 'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up. Baby, now that we're, now that we're, now that we're right here standing face-to-face. You already know, already know, already know that you won, oh. I know that dress is karma (dress is karma), perfume regret. You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine (you got me thinking 'bout when you were mine). And now I'm all up on ya (all up on ya), what you expect? (oh baby). But you're not coming home with me tonight (oh no). You just want attention, you don't want my heart. Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new. Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start. You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you, oh. What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh? (What are you doin'?). What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh? (What are you doin'?). What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh? (What are you doin'?). What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh? I know that dress is karma, perfume regret. You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine. And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect? But you're not coming home with me tonight."

       Shiro and Keith sped walked to their booth. There had been a crash and they had gotten there late, and the school was supposed to be there today. They quietly opened the door to their booth and then they stopped.

     There were three young kids who might as well be professionals, and they were recording a song on the flow without lyrics.