Chapter 1: Can't Forgive (Warning Season 6 Spoilers!)

This is more of a head cannon than an actual story, but it is a long one and you have to have watched season 6 to fully understand it. If you have not watched it, it is on Netflix.

    The paladins had landed on a deserted planet, halfway on their way to Earth. They had found a cave that they could re-group and sleep in for the night. Pidge had made a fire, Shiro had gone to get sticks, and everyone else was sitting around said fire. 

    Shiro dumped the sticks on the fire and placed a hand a sad looking Pidge. Pidge rolled her shoulder, causing Shiro to retract his hand. Everyone fell silent.

    "Pidge? Are you okay? I know the clone thing was hard to take in but Shiro is back now." Lance said.

   "Yeah, I noticed," Pidge mumbled.

   "Not again Katie. I didn't mean--"Shiro sighed. Pidge stood up and looked at him.

   "You never mean to do anything Shiro! Never!"

   "I know my clone scared you but--"

    "Scared me. Scared me. I was terrified! But worst of all I felt guilty. Guilt! I actually felt bad for hating you! Then poof! You cheat death and rub your 'perfectness' in my face all over again!"

    "Pidge that is enough!" Keith said standing up. Pidge turned to face him.

    "Why are you of all people on HIS side!"

    "Because--"

    "He's normal now! Vouched for you! Saved you! He was the tipping point for Peetz sake!"

    "Wha-?"

     "You finally figure out how to be a good leader, get us to unite again, then he walks in and causes you to one lose your confidence and tow thinks he can just be in control again!"

    "Don't talk about him that way! He is your leader!" Keith said. He had never seen Pidge this mad before.

    "Oh look at this little Keefy is defending savior of his life." Pidge said in a sarcastic way, "Well I'm sorry that he was a menace since in my life since I was born!"

    "Pidge, I thought we were--"

    "Over this! Over the life, I spent in the background! The life I spent in you and my own families shadow! I was nothing! Could do nothing! You were the only thing my father ever talked about for years! He compared whatever I did, with what you had done! I was invisible! I had no friends. The only time kids talked to me was to ask for you or my brother autograph! My flipping older brother and his perfect best friend! Then you die and I feel guilty for all of that! Me! Then you cheat death! You did the impossible! You can't seem to die or get hurt! Why can't you just die!" Pidge shouted through tears.

    Pidge stomped off and into her lion leaving Shiro guilty and everyone else shocked. Shiro sighed and rubbed his head as he sat down.

     "You knew Pidge when she was born?" Keith asked.

      "Her name is Katie!?" Lance asked in shock.

       "Yes, her real name is Katie Holt," Shiro said.

       "Holt as in---" Hunk started.

      "Kerberos, yes. Her brother Matt and father Sam were the other two on the mission with me. That is why we found them out here in space." Shiro said.

    "Ohhhh, that makes much more sense." Hunks said.

     "No, I didn't know her when she was born, but close. Her brother and I were and still are best friends, and would hang out together all the time. We would sometimes accompany Mr. Holt to the garrison. We became quite famous because of how much we knew already and the math we learn there as kids. Katie was never fond of me. Her father showered my and Matt with praise, and she felt left out.  

      She began doing whatever she could to be better than me. At anything, she could, but nothing changed. She always seemed to fall short. She even hacked the garrison one time and all she got was a scolding." Shiro said. "Her father told her how wrong that was, and how she should try to be more like me. Ever since then she hated me. When we became Voltron she finally started to trust me, but not by much. The only reason that she acts like she likes me and tries protects me sometimes is that--"

    "Because of her brother..." Allura finished. Shiro nodded his head. "That makes a lot more sense." Keith started to walk towards the green lion.

    "Keith!? What are you doing!?" Lance asked.

    "I am going to try to talk to her," Keith said, then he entered inside the green lion.