Chapter 1: Rock a Bye Bottom

This short starts after Pidge was captured by the Galra. And Keith has left Voltron for the Blade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Zarkon sir, we can't break him." The soldier reported.

    "Oh? Bring him to me... Then we will see how tough the green paladin really is." Zarkon said. He was somewhat amused however. Never had there torture and interrogation tools ever come up with nothing. There was more fight in this puny boy than the Galra had ever seen. 

                          (Time skip to a couple vargas later.)

   "LET GO OF ME YOU QUIZNAKING IDIOT!" Pidge yelled as she was dragged into Zarkon throne room. She was struggling, kicking, and fighting like crazy, but to no avail. She was dropped at Zarkons feet. 

    "You're not escaping here anytime boy,." Zarkon said, his gravelly voice echoing throughout the chamber. Pidge starting another round of attempted escape.

    "It's a good thing I'm a girl then" Pidge said kicking and fighting. She got out of the grasp of the guards who were holding her, and she bolted for the door. She almost got out when Hagger shocked her, causing to cripple in pain. Pidge was dragged back in front of the throne.

    "A girl? Well, old habits die hard. The green lion always did know a thing or two about balance." Zarkon said. He opened his mouth to speak when a soldier burst through the door, dragging a Galrian women in uniform, and holding her crying child in his other hand. 

    "Sir. This soldier was harboring a child." The guard said. Zarkon made a small hand signal and the women was shot and slaughtered. Before the women was fully dead, she gave Pidge a pleading look and then a glance at the child. Zarkon was about to signal for the child's death when he was interrupted.

   "WAIT!!" Pidge said, "Let me care for child! I will work for you! Just please don't kill the child!"

   "Ah. The balance of the green lion shines through you again." Zarkon said, "You intrigue me paladin. You seem completely at balance. Tough enough to resist torture, be kind enough to not even let the child of the enemy die. Very well. We will give you the need supplies to care for the child, if  you work with us." Pidge sadly nodded. She was set back on her feet and the guards removed the handcuffs she had on her.

    The guard with child walked over and placed the child in her arms. His back was to Zarkon and he gave Pidge a quick look of gratitude, then bow and speaking a phrase in Galra, he left.

   Pidge cradled the babe in her arms, her motherly instincts taking over. She looked down at the child who had fallen asleep already with an affectionate smile on her face. Zarkon gave her an amused glanced.

   "Take her to her quarters, and give her technology tools and supplies for the child." Zarkon ordered. He watched as the green paladin rocked the infant in her arms. The look on the small girls face was one that a mother would give her own child. 

    Zarkon was left alone in the throne room, left alone to ponder who the young paladin really was. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for reading! Just a few reads and two comments made me smile all day. If you guys have any ideas I would LOVE to hear them! Thanks again!