Chapter 1: Guess What! Another Soulmate Au

Hey! For those of you who wanted to see my master map, it is up above. Thank you so much for reading!

Soulmates, the topic of many discussions. Discussions that Keith did not take part in. He much preferred to sit on his own, to fade into the background and draw. Keith loved to draw. Though he was only 16, he could draw a rough portrait of anyone he saw in 15 minutes or so. 

Keith loved to draw different types of people, and he never judged anyone based on their looks. Did he have a favorite type of person to draw? Yes. He had this 'character' as he calls it that he draws whenever he is bored and begins to zone out. He doesn't have a name for her, he doesn't know what her past or family is like. He just sees her face, sees her doing different activities. Sometimes he gets an idea for her family an pass that just feels right like her having a goofy older brother. But that is all he got. 

Keith was zoning off again, drawing his character while at a city speech with his brother Shiro. He was drawing his character wrestling with her brother. Shiro leaned over and whispered in Keith's ear.

"I know who she is now," Shiro whispered. Keith looked up at him confused.

"You do?" Keith said confused. Shiro nodded then leaned into Keith again. 

"Your soulmate," Keith rolled his eyes.

"Uh huh," he said sarcastically. "Like they exist,"

"I telling the truth, I had the same dream-like-visions of Adam that you have of that girl," Shiro said. Keith gave him that look. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie sat at an extremely boring city speech with her older brother Matt. She had her notebook and doing what she usually did, she was composing yet another song. She did this a lot. She would hum a tune she had never heard, then write it down.

They were always about the same mystery person. She had no clue who it was, but it always seemed to be about the same boy. The same raven-haired beauty. The same soft, dark eyes that tugged her heart. The same quiet demeanor. The same rude act but with a kind heart underneath.

Her brother always made fun of her for it. Saying that she had a crush and all that older brother teasing and what not. And while Matt teased her, her voice was that of no other. 

Right now she had a tune stuck in her head as she wrote the notes, a song about his rude act. But his beautiful and kind heart underneath.

"Ooh, even at a city meeting you can't stop thinking of your loverboy," Matt nudged her.

"Shut up," Katie said. "He is not my lover, I don't even know who he is! I just make up the song!"

"I know I know. If I had a way to know my soulmate like that I wouldn't stop thinking about her or him either," Matt said. "But all I get is a random quantum frequency,"

"You big baby you'll find her or him so stop whining!" Katie laughed. The city meeting was soon over and there was a huge picnic afterward and everyone was mingling and what not. 

Matt soon caught sight of an old friend. "Shiro!"

"Matt!" Shiro said. The two embraced, their sibling's writing/drawing behind them, using them as a shield to interaction. "It's been so long! And this must be your sister!" Shiro looked back at her and his eyes widened as he realized where he had seen her before, he quickly nudged Keith. "T-This is my younger brother Keith! Keith this is Matt and Katie," Keith raised an eyebrow and both Katie and Keith looked up and saw each other at the first time.

Keith and Katie's eyes went wide and they both dropped their pads. Katie's pad landed first then Keith's on top revealing the picture of Katie and Matt. Keith and Katie were shaking with shock and Keith glance down and quickly read the paper then locked eyes with her again. Matt looked down at the picture.

"Hey, that's pretty good!" Matt said. Shiro looked at the two and smiled. Matt looked up at Keith."Hey Katie! He's that boy that you are always writing the songs about! Whadya know!" Katie's arms went tight by her side and her face turned crimson red along with Keith's.

"And Keith will zone out and draw Katie almost everywhere," Shiro laughed. "He has even drawn you a couple times Matt!"

"I see that," Matt laughed he walked up behind Katie a rested his hands on her shoulders, pushing her towards Keith, Shiro doing the same. "Now don't be shy you were made to live together!"

Both Keith and Katie were trying to back up but failing. Then with one final push, they were together. The two were so flustered that when they were finally pushed on last time, their lips evidently met.

"Whoops," Matt said. "I didn't mean for that to happen. Oh well! Too late now," Keith and Katie were extremely flustered, speaking and stuttering making no coherent sense what so ever. 

Keith was more flustered than Katie, rambling on and on trying to apologize. He finally couldn't take it anymore and he rested his head on Katie's shoulder, still as flustered as ever. Shiro and Matt laughing through it all.

Soon Adam walked over to see Matt and Shiro laughing and them. Then he saw Keith and Katie. "What have you done," Adam asked bluntly. Matt laughed even harder, pointing at the notebooks. Adam looked understanding partly now. "What. Did. You. Do. To. Them!"

"We just pushed them together!" Shiro said.

"They are children! They did not need this yet! You couldn't stop yourselves could you!" Adam scolded them. He continued to do so as the two laughed.

Meanwhile, Katie and Keith finally calmed themselves down enough to actually breathe again. Katie cautiously wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him. Keith slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her into himself. 

And there they stood. To teens awkwardly holding each other while their older siblings were laughing at them and being scolded by Shiro's husband who was the only adult here.

Keith was shaking in nerves and fear. Katie could feel his fear and tried to calm him by running her fingers through his hair. "S-Shh, i-it's okay. W-We'll get t-through this," Keith nestled into her shoulder.

Adam walked over to the two. "Sorry about them. Here let me take you somewhere private so you can talk this over,"

So he walked them over to the nearest Starbucks, gave them his number, then left them alone. And so it went their first meeting, the first blossom from the tree of their love.