Chapter 3: An Unsound Mind

Keith and Allura watched as Pidge sat on the floor of Keith's room play with the animals. 

      "She has gone insane," Keith said. Allura had tears brimming in her eyes. Keith walked over and sat by Pidge. Pidge looked up at him and giggled. Keith put his hand on her shoulder and Pidge hugged him. "Pidge? What happened?" Pidge looked up at him.

     "He told me to fight me! I can never win! Can't take it! I let go!" Pidge laughed. Keith picked her up and set her on his lap and she hugged him again. 

      "So..." Allura began, "When Shiro said to fight the best fighter, she found out it was her? And the weeks of training and stress broke her? Broke her mind," Allura asked. Keith nodded. They looked down at Pidge. Something was different, she wasn't laughing, she was crying.

    "Pidge? What wrong?" Keith asked.

     "Make it stop, make it stop, I am not crazy, make it stop," Pidge begged.

     "Hey, hey, it's okay Pidge. You can fight it, you aren't crazy," Keith said and he hugged her.

      "What's is going on here?" Shiro asked from the doorway. Allura and Keith looked to see the other paladins. "What happened to Pidge," He started to walk towards her but Allura stepped in front of him.

      "I don't think that is a good idea, Shiro," Allura said. She explained to the others what happened to her. Keith just held Pidge and they both ended up falling asleep.

      "Her dad asked me to keep her safe before he went back to Earth, I was just trying to do that," Shiro said.

       "It is okay, I don't think it is anyone's fault. It just happened," Allura said, she turned to look at Pidge and she saw Keith and PIdge asleep. She ushered everyone out of the room and she closed the door behind herself.

        It was hours later that Keith woke up. He looked down at Pidge who was awake, but not letting go of him.

       "How are you feeling?" Keith asked. Pidge raised her head. Her eyes were back to normal, but they were puffy from crying. She smiled at him.

       "You did it, you saved me," Pidge said, hugging him again.

        "It was all you Pidge," Keith said, Pidge shook her head.

         "You cared, you made me believe again," Pidge said. "You are the most amazing person ever,"

          "I-"

          "Don't you dare contradict me," Pidge said. Keith closed his mouth. "I like you a lot,"

           "You-"

            "I love you, you amazing person. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You seem like you don't care, I don't have to please you. You are strong, independent, and a mess like me," Pidge said. "I have like you for a while, don't worry, give it a week or so and I'll get over it,"  Pidge said as she got up and walked for the door. She sighed and she stepped out of the door and she headed for the kitchen. 

         Keith sat there for a second, then got up and ran. Pidge had just said high to Lance and Hunk in the kitchen when Keith grabbed her from behind. He held onto her waist tight and buried his face into her shoulder. 

      "I love you too," Keith said.