Chapter 1: Pirate AU

My village has the worst luck this side of the Altean archipelago. We get attacked, robbed, killed, slaughtered, kidnapped, and enslaved. The people here are stubborn and refuse to leave, despite the imminent danger. Well, that's Garrison for ya.

    I am Katie Holt. Just a regular girl of Garrison village. I went to combat school just like all of the other kids here and keep up my family business just like the other kids did. 

    Everyday just the same. Learn to fight, come home and build weapons, and survive another day. 

    The town used to be easy to attack and pillage and rob. Now the people here are made of steel, and cannot be broken. Sure we still got beat around a little, but we bounce back faster now. I was fine with my life. I was part of the toughest village you will ever find. And I was okay with the fighting.

                                                        That was until yesterday.

    I was in school when they attacked. The kids all grabbed weapons and we charged the incoming pirates. Tall men with purple war paint all over themselves. I fought through the waves of pirates, cannon fire raining down on us. No one was scared, this is what we lived for after all.

    Then the dust and smoke cleared. The villagers stood over the limp pirates and watched as they took three of our own to their ship. That is when my heart fell to the ground.

    One of the villagers that were captured looked back at me. It was my brother. My dad was not far behind him. And Matt's best friend Shiro not far behind him.

   "MATT! DAD! SHIRO" I yelled. Then the ship disappeared on the horizon. Tears streamed down my face. I was going to get them back. I would not lose them that easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

   Katie spent the 7 weeks building tools that might help her get her family back. She knew she had to get on the next pirate ship that came through. All of the girls here wore long elegant dresses, and Katie was no exception.

    Katie let her hair down and put on her wide sun hat. She hid weapons, grappling hooks and anything she might need underneath her dress and on its cage.

   She had just finished when the first cannon sounded. The wall next Katie erupted and the metal cannon tore through it. Then the door burst open and three pirates came in. One large one with an orange bandana, and darker skin one with a blue striped shirt, and one with black hair and a knife. 

    Katie pulled out her sword just for show and the pirates jumped into action. The big one pulled out his own sword and fought Katie. At every turn, she let him win but acted like she didn't mean to let him.

    He finally disarmed her, and the black hair one grabbed her and flung her over his shoulder. She screamed and pounded on his back just for show as he carried her onto the ship.

  Then the captain laughed from the wheel and the ship left the bay. Katie was set down, but because she was still struggling, the black-haired pirate held her close to him, holding her arms back and keeping her somewhat still.

   The captain jumped down and looked at Katie. She glared up at him and the sunlight hit his face. It was Shiro.

    "Well, well. We got a fighter don't we." Shiro said looking down at her. His eyes were filled with shock and Katie knew he recognized her. 

    "What should we do with her captain?" The big pirate out of her three asked.

     "Maybe we should give her to Keith, he seems to like her." The darker one teased, then the entire crew burst into laughter. They were rolling on the floor and crying from the laughter, and Katie could feel her pirate tighten his grip on her.

      "Maybe you should just let me go. The only reason I am on this ship is because I want to be here!" Katie snapped. The laughter died, and everyone stared at her.

      "What did you say?" Shiro asked.

      "I said the only way you got me on to this ship is because I let your men take me on. I wanted to be on this ship, traitor." Katie said. She scowled at Shiro.

      "Hunk, Lance, Keith take her to my cabin and stay there. The rest of you get to work!" Shiro yelled. The big one and darker one walked down into the cabin, Katie being forced behind them. Then Shiro slammed the door behind himself as he stormed in.

     "Katie what the heck! Why are you here!!" Shiro yelled at her as he started to pace.