Chapter 2: It's in Your Gene's

Shiro, Lance, Hunk, and Keith fought there way through the hordes of galra Allura guiding them from the castle.

     "Paladins! Another horde is coming your way!" Allura said. 

      "Yeah I think we got that!" Keith yelled sarcastically as he cut down a few more galra. Everyone was tired from fighting, and they were all losing hope.

      "We need to go back!" Lance yelled. 

       "He's right!" Hunk shouted, "We can't hold them all off!"

       "You are just going to abandon the mission!" Keith yelled.

        "We have to!" Shiro said. Keith sighed and the group ran back to their lions and took off. The flight back was silent.

        "Keith. I know you hate abandoning mission, but we had to." Shiro said after a while.

        "What about Pidge huh? The one person who understands reason, who can shrug off any rude comment you give her. Huh? What about her." Keith growled back.

         "Why are you talking like that Keith, we are going to get her back." Hunk said.

          "Yeah, we aren't giving up on her Keith. And why now? You never have acted like this towards her before."

           "I have gotten used to you guys, I guess." Keith murmured. The lions landed in the castle and the boys made their way up to the lounge. They sat there in silence for a while, trying to come up with a plan for rescue.

          Pidge walked into the lounge, back in her normal clothes, so she could go get a snack from the kitchen, she was taking the shortcut. She walked in and immediately all eyes fell on her.

         "Pidge?! You were here the whole time!?" Lance said as he jumped up from his seat.

         "Y-Yeah?" Pidge lied. She looked around at everybody, then she walked into the kitchen and back to her room. She had no idea what Haggar had hit her with but whatever the witch had done, it hurt.

         Her face burned and she had a massive headache. The only way she could get rid of it was when she got her mind off of it, which caused her to try and clean the black hole that was her room.

       Her room was spotless, but the pain kept building and building. She ran face first into her pillow and screamed into it. She held the pillow tight against her face, hoping that the pain would go away. She fell asleep with the burning pain, the headache, and the sore body. (Time skip to the next morning.)

      Pidge woke up and she automatically knew something was wrong. All the pain was gone. All of it. She grabbed her phone and put in on selfie mode so she could see if her appearance had changed. 

      Sure enough it had. Her hair was all the way down the knees, and a fiery red-brown. Her height was the same, and so was her skin, but underneath her eyes were altean marks. I am altean! Pidge's head screamed. 

     She put her phone down, and sat on her bed. Looking at her hand she tried to make it change like Allura could. It worked, and her hand turned purple, then back to normal. Pidge tried to calm herself down, but ended up hyperventilating instead. 

     She put her hair into a long ponytail, and ran out of her room at full speed running into the bridge where Allura was alone.