Chapter 3: Another Soulmate AU

"Sorry," Keith said, letting go of Pidge.

"It's okay," Pidge said. Keith got up.

"I am going to go train before we have to clean our lions," Keith said starting to walk away.

"I'll be down in my abyss," Pidge said.

"What did you say?" Keith said.

"I said I will be down in the lab," Pidge said quickly.

"Alright, but I swore you said abyss," Keith joked on his way out.

"Oh no, I did," Pidge mumbled. She walked down the lab. Today she was supposed to clean the eyes of her lion. Pidge walked over to two poles next to each other in the room. The poles had one side that was a salmon ladder.

The poles were just to the side of her lion so she could just make it if she got to the top of the poles

The poles were just to the side of her lion so she could just make it if she got to the top of the poles. She grabbed a loose bar that was long enough to span across the gap. Then she did a pull-up and as she pulled herself up she lifted to bar to the next level. Pidge did this until she touched the ceiling, then she swung and jumped onto the nose of her lion. Then she started to clean the eyes like she was supposed to.

"Pidge! We need to get on to a galra ship, suit up!" Shiro said over the intercom. 

//Time skip they have the information from the galra ship and are fighting the galra to get out of there//

"Green paladin! More like the paladin's pet!" A galra general laughed as Pidge dodged his attack. "You are a quick one, but let's see how you deal with this!" He swung his blade and cut a gash in Pidge's shoulder right down the middle. Cutting her Soulmark in half. Pidge yelled in pain and grabbed her shoulder. 

Not only did it hurt to be cut, but Pidge felt like her soul was being ripped in half. She stood up tears streaming down her face. She held her arm and glared at the general.

"You are tougher than I thought," The general said, lowering his weapon. He stepped closer. "Much tougher than the other paladin's. I bet you have been through a lot. Gotten hurt before. Have been broken before. Lost someone close to you," He mocked circling her, getting his face up close to mock her.

"Shut up!" Pidge said.

"What was that?" The general said.

"I said shut up!" Pidge snapped. In one fell swoop, she let go of her arm, took out her weapon and cut his face. He stumbled back and Pidge ran to her lion and flew off with the others. She ran back to her room. She stopped the bleeding then looked at the damage. There was a pink line from the top of her shoulder blade to her mid triceps where the blade had cut. Her mark was cut in half, the bull lying down on the mark, unmoving. The mark had shatter marks on it too.

Pidge curled up and looked down at the ground. She had never wanted her soulmate, but now that the bond was broken, she missed it. She missed having someone that might love her if she found them.

"Pidge?" Keith asked from the doorway. Pidge looked up to see the paladins. Keith walked in and sat down next to her. "Are you okay--Pidge..." Keith was about to place a hand on her shoulder when he saw the cut and her mark. Pidge curled up tighter. "Oh, Pidge," Keith said and he hugged her. Pidge let go of herself and hugged him back. The others were shocked at the state of her mark.

Then her mark began to glow red. Keith and Pidge separated and looked at the mark. It was fixing itself slowly. Keith cautiously reached out a hand and touched the mark lightly. The glow became even brighter. Keith slowly placed his whole hand over the mark, covering it. It lit up the entire room, then dimmed down to normal. 

Keith and Pidge exchanged a worried glance and Keith removed his hand. The mark was fixed.

"You-you guys are soulmates," Hunk breathed. Keith blushed then looked down and scratched the back of his head. 

"Look I know you don't--" Keith's eyes went wide as Pidge kissed him, her hands holding his head. The other paladins left the room as Keith kissed back. 

Pidge and Keith have been happy ever since.