Chapter 3: The Greatest Showman/ Robin's Backstory Au

Katie woke and she was in a strange place, she jolted up, afraid she had been caught by her attackers. Then someone gently pulled her back down onto their chest.

"Shh, it's okay. You're safe now," Keith said, holding Pidge on his lap.

"Wait, where's my brother!" Pidge said, awake now.

"He is upstairs with my brother Shiro. He had a couple of minor burns and is being treated right as we speak," Keith said. "You are good," Katie sighed and leaned back onto Keith's chest, not noticing his blushing face.

"Not everyone made it out, am I right?" Katie said.

"What?" 

"There were two deaths, right?" Katie asked looking up at Keith. He glumly nodded. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell you-"

"That my parents were killed? I understand, but they didn't die because of the fire. I watched as the man that had threatened the circus if we didn't pay him, stabbed them then ran out," Katie said. Keith pulled her closer. "It's okay,"

Shiro came down the stairs. "Oh, hey Katie," Katie gave him a little wave. Keith let go of her and she walked over to Shiro.

"How is my brother?" Katie asked Shiro. 

"He will be fine, he is just resting," Shiro said. Katie sighed. "Do you know about your-"

"I do," Katie said, she went back to the couch and sat down next to Keith, who was sitting up now. Shiro left to go help Lance and Hunk in the kitchen.

"The police caught the guy that killed your parents," Keith said, looking up from the news app on his phone. "It was actually one of the officers, some guy named Lotor," Keith said. Katie looked at him and smiled. Keith blushed a little, a confused expression his face. Katie leaned on his arm and closed her eyes. Keith put his arm around her and watched as she fell back asleep. The other boys walked in and sat in chairs around the room.

"What is going to happen to the circus without its ringleaders?" Hunk asked. Lance's face brightened up.

Lance started to talk, "You know how we have always wanted to travel-" 

"Lance," Shiro said in a warning voice.

"-And how we aren't that fond of our jobs-"

"No," Shiro said.

"Aw, come on! I think it would be fun to join the circus!" Lance said, "Plus I would make a great ringleader!"

"He's right," Matt said, walking down the stairs. "It would be fun for you guys to join the circus,"

"But to leave everything behind," Shiro said.

"You wouldn't, we have a train that we travel on. And we could use a manager," Matt said looking at Shiro, "A chef," he said looking at Hunk, "And a couple of ringleaders," He said looking at Lance and Keith.

"But," Shiro said.

"I'm in," Hunk said, "Sure, I would be quitting the NYPD but I could use those skill to protect the performers and could be doing something fun!"

"Count me in!" Lance said.

"I'm in if Shiro lets me," Keith said glancing at Katie who was cuddling with him.

"Fine," Shiro said, "I am going to start packing, we can resign in the morning,"

//Time skip they are ready and packed.//

"Come on Keith!" Katie said pulling her boyfriend towards the train.

"Slow down!" Keith laughed. Lance, Hunk, and Shiro followed the couple. Matt ushered them all into the train car just as the train started to move.

"So where are we headed?" Lance asked.

"First to our training grounds where we can practice," Matt said looking out into the distance. "Then to Europe,"