Chapter 1: Cross Country

This was it. The day that 6 best friends and one their crazy Uncle's went on a road trip to every capital in the United States. They started in Olympia, Washington.

Coran, the crazy Uncle, was driving a van. Shiro was riding shotgun. Allura and Lance were in the middle seats, and Pidge was between Keith and Hunk in the very back. It was utter chaos. 

Keith was just staring out of the window. Hyper Pidge was talking to Hunk who was talking excitedly back. Lance had tried to flirt with Allura, but gave up and now had his headphones in. Allura was watching a movie on her phone and Shiro had his earbuds in like Lance.

//Time skip, they have traveled through Boise, Idaho, Helena, Montana, and are now going to stop for the night.\\

Keith, Coran, and Hunk were the only ones away after Helena. Lance was the first to crash, followed by Allura, then Shiro. Pidge tried so hard to stay awake, to the point where Hunk had to cover her eyes. It was getting out of hand.

They decided that they were all tired. Lance, Allura, and Shiro woke up very easily, but Pidge was struggling to stay awake. Hunk gave up and picked her up as the group headed to their room. They got to the room and Lance, Allura, and Shiro was wide awake now. 

They got into the room and Keith sat down on the far bed and leaned against the backboard while the others talked excitedly.

"Hey, Keith! We are going to the store to get some movies, popcorn, and some other fun stuff, you coming?" Lance said. Keith shook his head.

"Then take this," Hunk said tossing Pidge onto his lap.

"W-what wait I don't want--" Keith said, but it was too late, everyone had already left. "Pidge..." Keith looked down at Pidge. She didn't have her glasses on, and she somehow looked perfect, even though she was dead asleep. Keith groaned and hit his head against the backboard. He turned on the tv to a cryptology channel and he sat crisscross, setting Pidge in his lap. 

Keith draped a blanket over his shoulder and Pidge leaned into his chest. He had to admit that she was awful cute. After a few minutes, Keith was actually enjoying snuggling with Pidge, and he had his arms around her waist and his head resting on her head.

That's when the door slowly opened.

Keith pulled Pidge as close as he could to himself and he pulled out his knife in front of them. The figure came into the light, and it was a  maid, looking at the knife.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!" Keith said dropping his knife in front of him and putting his hand up. The maid stepped closer, not afraid anymore. The blanket fell off of Keith's shoulder to reveal Pidge sleeping on his chest. She stirred.

"Keith?" Pidge said sleepily. Keith looked down.

"It's okay. Go back to sleep Peach," Keith misspoke. He looked at the maid, then at Pidge, and immediately blushed. Did I just say Peach? Oh my gosh, I said Peach, not Pidge. The maid smiled.

"Okay, Keefy," Pidge mumbled as she fell back asleep on Keith's chest. Keith looked down at her. The maid giggled and Keith looked up and her in fear now because of the previous chain of events. 

"Oh no, it's okay, it's okay. I knew you would pull out the knife. Everyone who watches that channel ends up pulling out the knife," The maid said.

"Really?" Keith asked.

"Yep. I didn't expect you to have a girlfriend though. You two are really cute together. Anyway, I'll come back later," The maid said. Keith nodded, still confused. The maid left, and Keith never realized that she had done what every maid had to do. Take a video to make sure the maid didn't steal anything. But a maid no the less.

Keith sat on the bed like a deer in the headlights.