Chapter 3: Genderbent

Tears streamed down Keith's face, and she heard Pidge's quietly whimpering. Keith ran out of her hiding place and slide, landing next to Pidge's side.

"Pidge, Pidge!" Keith said worriedly. Pidge rolled over slowly and onto his back. He opened his eyes a tiny amount and looked at Keith.

"L-looks like I-I have a guar-guardian angel," Pidge said chuckling and cringing from the pain at the same time.

"Pidge you are going to be okay, it's going to be okay," Keith said through tears. Pidge smiled and reached up and wiped away Keith's tears. Keith grabbed his hand and held it on her cheek.

  "Shh, shh, calm down kitten," Pidge said, "It's only a flesh wound, I will be fine, I have y-you..." Pidge said and his eyes rolled back into his head and he went limp. He was still breathing, but Keith was crying even harder now. She fumbled around with her phone and she called the bridge.   

   Coran appeared on the screen and everyone else was behind him. And the castle looked functional now.

   "C-Coran! Pidge-he-and now he is dying and I don't know what to do and I-"

   "It's okay Pidge, deep breaths, that's it. In and out. Shiro is on his way. Keep taking deep breaths," Coran cooed. Keith did what he said and while her tears stopped, her breaths still quivered. Lance, Hunk, and Allura looked at each other. Keith never cried, or showed emotion in this magnitude, Pidge must be really hurt.

    Keith looked down at Pidge and she grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together. A minute later Shiro and the other paladins made it to Pidge and Keith. Shiro took Pidge, Keith and Pidge's hands untwining as Shiro walked Pidge to the healing pods.

    Keith watched Pidge go, heart heavy. Hunk knelt down next to her.

    "Hey, he's gonna be okay," Lance said standing by Keith. Keith looked up at him, then to Hunk. Hunk opened his arms and Keith tackle-hugged him. That's when the tears started again. Hunkhugged back, rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her. After a minute Keith finally had no more tears left to cry.

    "That's it, do you want to go check on Pidge," Hunk asked. Keith let go and nodded. Then he and Hunk stood up and Keith leaned on Hunk as they walked over to the healing pods.

     They walked into the healing room and saw Shiro, Coran, and Allura were talking next to Pidge's healing pod.

     Allura looked up and saw Keith, and she ran over to her, Keith walking towards her and they met each other in the middle, and they hugged. When they broke Allura walked Keith over to Pidge's pod. Keith looked up a Pidge's quiet form. She placed and hand on the glass and rested her forehead against the glass as well. Keith sighed and she turned to face the others. 

(Time skip to the next day).

    Keith woke up and got dressed. She ate a quick breakfast then bolted to the healing room. Then she sat down in front of Pidge and waited.

    After about an hour, Shiro walked by, then she backed up and looked at Keith.

   "Keith? What are you doing here?" Shiro asked walking in. "Have you been here all morning?"

   "Yeah," Keith said, not taking her eyes off Pidge, "I'm just waiting,"

   "You know Pidge still has a few good hours before he is going to be ready, right?" Shiro asked. Keith nodded. "Alright have fun," Then he left. A couple of minutes later, Keith fell asleep.

    Keith woke up an hour later to happy cheers. He sat up and looked around. Then he looked at Pidge, and she was a girl again. He looked down to see that he himself was back to normal. Keith got up and started walking around the room. 

   After a while, he heard the healing pod release its air, and a new pair of footsteps. he walked back to she that Pidge was stand and rubbing her head. Keith's face light up and he ran towards. He grabbed her by the waist and he picked her up and spun her around. Keith laughed with joy as he spun Pidge around. He didn't notice everyone else staring at him.

    He pulled her closer, so now their foreheads were touching, and Keith was hugging her. Pidge wrapped her legs around Keith so that she wouldn't fall off as he was still spinning. Keith slowly stopped spinning, and he just swayed with Pidge in his arms. His laughter dimmed to a chuckle and he gave Pidge a peck on the lips. 

    "I have never seen you so happy," Hunk said finally, Keith glanced over, but then he looked back at Pidge.

    "Pidge can actually flirt," Allura said.

     "What is that supposed to mean!" Lance said.

     "I questioned my sexuality yesterday, that's why I couldn't face 'him'. But think about it she got Keith to cry and fall in love with her all in the same day, that is what you call good flirting," Allura said. Lance opened his mouth to say something but then closed it and crossed his arms and made a pouty face. Allura chuckled and ruffled his hair.

    Pidge finally wrapped her brain around what had happened. She looked a Keith, and she gave him a peck on the lips, but Keith had other plans. Just as she was about to pull away, Keith grabbed the back of her head and pulled her into true kiss. The other left the two lovebirds alone.

    "I guess I can flirt, after all, isn't that right my kitten and guardian angel," Pidge said. Keith smiled.

    "Why were you flirting with me?" Keith asked.

     "I've had a crush on you for a while, I guess the sudden overconfidence I had when I was a boy caused me to flirt," Pidge said, "I love you kitten,"

     "I know,"