Chapter 1: If I Was Human

This was a suggestion from the suggestion box. This was called the Detroit AU, I admit I am not familiar with this, so I am just taking the basic idea. Also, I am making Keith Korean, even though he is from Texas.

Keith. The richest man in the world. Inventor and innovator of the most advanced technology known to man. He had everything. Or did he.

Keith looked out on the city of Soul, his expression blank as he watched the city that he had helped build to the tech wonder it was today. He wasn't satisfied. Something was missing in his life, something wasn't right.

"Sir, your 10:00 is here," Keith turned around to see his android secretary, he made an amused smile. She was wearing her all-white suit, so only her head was showing.

"Who are they?" Keith asked looking back out the window.

"Lance Mcclain, from Cuba. Talkdasi Shirogane,  from Japan. Hunk Garrett from the US. And Allura Altea from the UK. They are part of the World Tech Movement," Pidge said. Her voice still had some robotic tones to it, but Keith would work on that later.

"Thank you, send them in," Keith said. Pidge opened her holoscreen and invited the group in.

"I'll step outside for you sir," Pidge said. Keith's eyes went wide with slight fear and his heart started pounding.

"No! No, I think I might need some support with this bunch,"

"Of course sir," Pidge said taking a seat on a chair by Keith's desk.

"Pidge? Take a recording, since I am part of this deal, I want to catch all contact in case one of them tries to betray us,"

"Yes, sir," Pidge said. She pressed her palm and she started to record just as the 4 people walked into the room and sat down in front of Keith's desk. Keith sat down.

"So, Mr. Kogan..." Tadashi said. 

"Keith, please," Keith said. "And this is my secretary Pidge,"

"Salutations," Pidge said, her voice having that robotic sound.

"I'll have to fix that," Keith mumbled.

"What?" Allura asked, her voice having that thick British accent. 

"I said I'll have to fix that," Keith spoke up. "We are still working out some of the bugs,"

"Bugs?" Lance asked.

"Bugs, yes bugs. The robotic voice at times, she freezes at times, and if an EMP goes off she has to reboot. Just a few minor bugs," Keith retorted.

"She is a human though, she can't have bugs," Hunk said.

"Gentleman, and Lady. This is Pidge. My android secretary. She is the first and only of her kind," Keith said.

"She is an android!" Lance gasped.

"Welcome to the future. Welcome to the Blade," Keith said, smiling. He looked at Pidge, proud of his creation.