Chapter 1: Ghosts and the Gremlin

Pidge ran around the castle the week before Halloween, gathering the randomest things. An old dress from Allura, 6 pounds of red goo from Hunk, and other random items. Little did they know that Pidge was the world's worst scarer. Which means she was the best.

     It was Halloween day, and everyone but Pidge meet up in the lounge.

    "Pidge is planning something." Lance said. 

     "We have to act scared. We don't want to hurt her feelings." Hunk added. Everyone sat down and waited for the night to begin. It was minutes later, but a thin layer of smoke started to pour out of one of the entrances. 

    "Get ready." Lance said. They saw the shadowy figure of Pidge, and Keith expected some cheesy costume. None of them were ready for the truth. Pidge came out of the smoke slowly, and shaking in fear. The dress she was wearing was cut up and her glasses cracked. Blood was splattered all over her dress, mostly on the cuts and her stomach. 

   "P-Pidge?" Hunk asked. She said nothing just kept her eyes straight. She walked until she was in front of everyone then stopped. Her eyes were wide with fear and her expression blank. She had a small robot flying next to her, but that was normal. 

    "Pidge? Is this you? Are you Okay?" Hunk asked. Pidge shook her head slowly both times.

     "Tell us what happened." Allura said. That's when the room went colder and dimmer.

     "Why would she do that?" A soft but creepy female voice said. The paladins looked around, but found no source to the voice. "She is sworn to silence. If she speaks, she dies. If she doesn't you all die."

      A blue light surrounded by fog shone from the hall Pidge came from. The blue figure got closer and the paladins saw that it was in the form of Pidge. If Pidge were crossed with harley quinn that is. Her hair in pigtails, she had a crop top and shorts, and she had and hammer over her shoulder. 

    She walked behind Pidge and stroked her cheek. Pidge's eyes widened, and her knees buckled, and because he was the closest, Keith caught her. 

    "She knows too much, she'll have to die anyway. So why save her? " The ghost of Pidge said. Lance threw a punched at her, but she disappeared and appeared further back. "If you can find what she did, maybe I will spare you."

    Then the ghost backed up into the fog and disappeared. Keith had stood Pidge up, and was now rubbing her shoulders, trying to calm her.

     "THE CASTLE IS HAUNTED I AM DONE!" Hunk said, hiding behind Lance. Keith locked eyes with Pidge.

     "Can you show us?" Keith asked. Pidge slowly took her shaking hand and took Keith's, and started to walk him down a hall. The paladins shrugged and followed. Pidge took them to the healing pods, where the room was dimly lit red. 

     Pidge took him to a healing pod that had blood spilt out everywhere, then she stopped. Keith used his free hand to bring the pod up. When it came up Keith looked up in shock and pulled Pidge into a hug, covering her eyes.

     There was her brother, lying at the bottom of the pod, in a pool of blood. The surface of the pod was red and across it read: To wounded to heal.