Chapter 1: Bitter Like Words

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Pidge yelled, flying into an attack. Wearing only a black t-shirt and her shorts, her bayard in her hand, Pidge charged the gladiator. "Small! That is the best word he could come up with! Oh, so unique Hunk! It's not not like haven't heard that a million times." 

      Pidge dodged another attack, slicing back at the robot. Images flashed in her mind, mainly of Hunk lashing out at her, forcing her to stay back while the other paladins went on a 'dangerous mission'. More images flushed her mind, watching the paladins fight, Hunks lions going dark. He had been rushed into the healing pods hours upon hours ago, and Pidge had been in the training room the whole time.

     Level by level, Pidge had been going up. She was getting all of her anger out. All the anger she had stored up inside her calm demeanor. Anger that she was too small, that Hunk was almost killed. And for everything in between.

     Pidge ran around the robot, her grappling hook wire wrapping around the robots throat. She ran for the door, and pulled as hard as she could, forcing the head to pop of the robot. She stood there panting, then she caught her breath again.

     "Level 52 completed. Would you like to continue? Or pause the simulation?" The training room asked.

     "How far am I away from Keith record?"

     "You are 43 away from Keith Koganes record."

     "Next...level." Pidge breathed. She retracted her bayard, and the gladiator disappear in a flash of blue sparks. A new robot identical to the first then dropped from the ceiling. Pidge got into her fighting position again, all of her anger out as well as the adrenaline. She was now extremely tired. The robot charged forward, a Pidge, being as tired as she was, lazily sidestepped. 

     The gladiator fought harder and harder, Pidge struggling to keep her eyes open. Suddenly she was almost out and her bayard transformed into a giant staff, and she hit it in stomach, then as it layed on ths ground she stabbed it with the staff. She leaned against the stick, then fell asleep.