Chapter 4: Angels

The four boy and four girls flew across the Earth on an extreme air current. The boys stayed close to one of the girls because they were still freezing. Pidge was flying around chasing Keith for fun. After a while, they finally saw the problem that the archangels were talking about.

     District 1, lead by the devil Lotor, had released the worst monster in all of the Under, Wrath. The girls knew what this monster could do, and all of them slowly descended in fear. Shiro, Hunk, and Lance dove down to calm the girls, but Keith caught Pidge before she could go far, and he hovered in midair for a second. 

     "Let go of me! Don't you know we can't beat Wrath!" Pidge said. Keith had heard of the monster Wrath before, and he also knew the archangels only beat it by love.

     "It's okay Pidge, I know you are smart enough to figure this one out, I trust you with my life," Keith said softly into her ear. He hugged her tight and hid his face in her shoulder.

     "I-I only j-just met you!" Pidge stuttered. Keith lifted his head and smiled.

     "Love at first sight does exist ya know. It's not just a fairy tale," Keith said. Pidge was really flustered right now and she did not realize that the air current had blown them a lot closer to the monster. And by close I mean practically on top of the thing. "I love you Pidge, with all my heart."

    Pidge turned in his arms and looked at him, Keith pulled her closer, knowing she would see the monster below them soon.

    "I-it worked for the archangels, it doesn't mean it will work for us," Pidge said. 

     "You are right, but we have 4 times the love they did after all Lance, Hunk, and Shiro are all huge flirts," Keith said, as he started to land them on the beasts blind spot. 

      "I-I-um..." Pidge stuttered. She laid her head on Kieth's chest. "You l-love me..." 

      Then Wrath let out a howling shriek and it shrunk a small amount."I told you that love would work," Keith said, lifting her eyes to meet his. "Although, I was gambling it a bit."

     "You actual care!" Pidge said hugging him tightly. "Only my friends----"

      "I've got you," Kieth said holding onto her. Wrath started to shrink a little more. Just then the others landed next to them.

      "What you doing?!" Allura asked. "Are you trying to beat Wrath with love? Don't give her false hope angel!"

      "My name is Keith," Keith muttered.  Plaxum knew how hard it was to beat Wrath, but she was willing to try anything. She walked over to Lance and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

     "What are you----Mhhh!" Lance said as Plaxum pulled him into a kiss. That was all the complaint heard from Lance. Wrath shrunk again, but it was getting madder by the second. 

     Shay caught on and jumped into Hunk's arms. Hunk looked giddy with excitement. Shiro grabbed Allura waist and spun her around, and her shock turned into laughter.

     Keith looked down at Pidge and Pidge lock eyes with him. Keith could see the fear in he eyes that was making her cautious.

    "I am not lying. I heard your name when your friends came. When Coran said that you were on this team, my knees actually buckled." Keith laughed.

    "I-I love you too..." Pidge whispered. Keith lowered his head and kissed her forehead. At first, she was shocked, but soon she leaned into it. The group could feel the beast shrink until it was the size of Voltron. 

    "NO! Stop that!" Someone yelled. The couples looked up to see a devil with purple skin and white hair. "I will win! I will beat the archangels and district 5! YOU WILL NOT WIN THAT EASILY!" He screamed and threw his knife at Keith.

      Pidge opened her wings and the knife plunged through it, stopping before it hit Keith. Keith looked at Pidge in shock.

    "Your wing!" Keith said. "Why!"

    "I saved you, it was worth it," Pidge said. Pidge squeezed Keith's hand, then let go and yanked the knife out of her wing. "Ahhhh!" Pidge shouted in pain.

    Pidge then took off charging at Lotor with his own knife. He dodged and she flung passed him. She regained her flight, although it was a bit shaky due to her wing, and she turned.

    Lotor charged at Pidge with his fist. Pidge sidestepped slightly, and as he missed and his shoulder hit hers, she plunged the dagger into his gut. His eyes went wide with shock and he fell. Keith flew up and hugged Pidge, bringing back down to the others. 

    Keith held Pidge tight, and he used his healing powers again. The bright light of the healing glowed and Wrath shrunk to the size of a semi. Keith refused to let go of Pidge, and the others let them be as Allura made a portal to the Under so they could get chains and Wrath back inside.

    When the paladins came back with chains, Wrath was the size of a horse and Keith and Pidge were standing next to it. They muzzled it, and lead it back to district 1, where Amreil was. 

      From then on, any danger that had to be faced was faced by the eight of them.