Chapter 2: Genderbent

Keith soon got bored of training and decide to go ask Pidge what the explosions were. She walked down the hall to where the lab was and saw Pidge walking down the hall with a beanie, with Rover on the front, and he was looking down at his phone.

    Keith walked over to him and grabbed his hat and she held it above her head and a little bit back. "Hey!" Pidge said looking up and trying to reach the hat

    "Whatcha doing?" Keith asked. 

    "Keith give me my hat back!" Pidge said desperately trying to reach it.

    "Tell me what you are doing first," Keith said. Pidge stopped and looked down at Keith, yes down, they were really close because of Pidge trying to get the hat. Pidge smirked and put his arms around Keith's neck.

     "You know if you wanted to ask me out, you could have just said so. I would have said yes," Pidge said. Keith rolled her eyes then put the beanie on his head and pulled it down over his face.

    "Flirt," Keith said and ducked underneath Pidge's arm, brushing up against his side. Keith had only walked 10 feet when she stopped. Why had she felt something sharp when she touched Pidge's side. She turned but Pidge had turned a corner.

    Keith jogged after him, Pidge always a little too far ahead. Keith must have turned 7 times and gone through 8 halls by the time she found where Coran and Pidge were. They were at the end of a hall, with tech and medical supplies spread out in front of the door. The door was open, and Keith could see a giant orb of power in the center. It was the room where Rover died.

   Pidge was lunging in the doorway the way a runner would start a race. He also had a potion in his hand.

   "Okay, the last time you were too slow and almost didn't make it. You have to be faster, the healing pods aren't on and I don't know how long you can take this,"

    "This is the only way to get all the systems up and you know it, so let's go," Pidge said. "Ready, 1, 2, 3!" Pidge said and he ran at full speed into the room. He threw the potion at the sphere and ran back towards the door just as an explosion erupted from the orb.

    The blast got closer to the door, and Pidge motioned for Coran to close the door as he got a few feet away. Coran hesitated then closed the door. Pidge jumped through the door at the last second and rolled. The roar of the blast followed. 

    Coran checked his iPad then cursed under his breath. 

    "Pidge the systems are still down, but get on the bench," Coran said. Pidge stood up and limped over to the bench by Coran and sat down. Keith was still out of sight. "Take your shirt off I need to check you again." Pidge did, and Keith turned red, even though Pidge was thin and scrawny. Stop, you are not going to fall in love with that flirt, with Pidge. It is not going to happen! Keith thought.

    Coran looked around and poke Pidge's ribs. Keith cringed as Coran pushed a bulge, and the bones ground together. Pidge stuffed his beanie in his mouth to keep from yell in pain, but Keith could tell how much this hurt. 

    Coran pushed the bone again and he tightly wrapped a bandage to keep it in place. Then he did the same thing to another area. And another. He did it 4 more times.

    Keith was honestly near to tears for some reason. It was mostly because he was now a girl, but the guy who had just been flirting with her had 5 broken ribs and might have to do it again.

    "Wait here, I am going to see if Allura has a better idea," Coran said and left. Pidge leaned on his knees and rubbed his face and sighed. Then he stood up and put his shirt on, faltering a little from the pain, and he pushed everything as close to the sides by the doorway as he could.  

    Pidge took another bottle and tossed it a couple of times and looked into the room. Keith gasped. He was going to do it again! Before Keith could stop him, Pidge ran into the room Keith watched as he threw the bottle, and how the blast caught up with him. Pidge arching in pain, being hurled through the door and landing like a ragdoll.