Chapter 1: Check Meowt Now

Pidge was the first one awake. And she was the first one to realize that the Lions had turned themselves into house cats of their color. She gathered them all up and locked them and herself on the bridge.

Each of the Lions had their own personality which only made containing the worse. The Yellow Lion was extremely shy and kept hiding and running. The Blue Lion kept rubbing up against her leg purring and making her trip. The Green Lion was super curious and was playing around with the tech. The Red Lion was mean and kept hissing at Pidge. The Black Lion was constantly sleeping.

"Pidge!" Allura said, calling into the bridge from another room. "Why did you seal yourself in the bridge,"

"Allura it's kind of hard to-" Pidge stopped and dropped out of the view of the screen, "GREEN DON'T PUSH THAT OFF! RED YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW-STOP HISSING AT ME!"

"Pidge? Pidge!" Allura asked Pidge appeared on the screen again, this time with a red cat in her arms.

"I'm here," Pidge said. The Red Lion gave that meow that sounded like a cry for help. She petted her to shut her up, "Oh shh. You're not dying,"

"Who's that?" Allura asked.

"Red," Pidge answered. "The Lions became house cats and you decide to sleep in," Red meowed again.

"Pidge I-," Allura apologized. "Wait, what!?"

"You heard me," Pidge said bitterly.

"Pidge," Allura sighed, rubbing her eyes. "I know you don't like me much, it has been quite obvious since the day we met. But this one time. One time, let me help you. Please,"

"What's happening?" Keith asked, jogging over to Allura at the locked door. "My Lion is gone and you are just standing out here..." He droned off. "Pidge? Since when did we have cats?"

"Since- HEY! GREEN STOP PLAYING WITH THE SHEILDS! AHH! BLUE STOP TRIPPING ME!" Pidge started to answer then she ran off screen. She came back, then sighed and hit a button. "Help,"

Keith and Allura walked in and the door closed behind them. The place was in chaos. Pidge was running around trying to keep the five cats out of trouble. She ran grabbed Green and Red and put them next to Black, who was sleeping. They started playing like kittens and playfully wrestling.

Pidge then ran and tripped on Blue. "That is it," She picked blue up and gave him to Allura. "Take this, I am not going to trip anymore," Pidge then ran to a small niche and knelt down, pulling out a very scared Yellow Lion.

She walked to where Black, Green, and Red were and sat down, trying to calm Yellow down. Keith knelt down and picked Red up. "So this is where you went," Red looked up and him. Keith looked past Red and saw Green, looking up at him with curiosity. "Here," Keith said putting Red down. "Here's your friend,"

"What should we do now?" Pidge asked defeated.

"Wait it out I guess," Keith said. Pidge sighed. "You okay?"

"I actually had work to do today," Pidge said.

"Work?" Keith asked. "What work?"

"I have to reverse engineer the ship so that we can upgrade it," Pidge said. "I always have work,"

"Maybe this is the opportunity for you to take a break," Keith smiled. Allura had left Blue and left. Keith and Pidge spent the afternoon taking care of the cats. At around noon, the cats start scratching at the doors. They were brought back to their chambers and they turned back into the Lions. Both Keith and Pidge met back up at the bridge.

Pidge walked in and went to the board, Green had gotten into it again. She looked at what Green had pulled up and her eyes went wide with shock. "No, No!" She laughed. She backed away in joy. Green had pulled up the blueprints for the ship. 

Just then Keith and everyone else walked in. Keith had met them in the hall and had explained what happened. Pidge was laughing in joy. "Keith!"

She ran to him and grabbed his hands spun the both of them. She let go and ran back to the plans. Keith held his head he was so dizzy. "Shiro! Keith! I found the blueprints! No more late hours reverse engineering,"

"That's cool, but there was no reason to punish me!" Keith said. "Everything is spinning," Pidge laughed playfully and hugged him. He rested one of his hands on her head, still using the other to try and regain his sense of balance. They were slightly swaying, Pidge just hugging him.

And in her chamber, the Green Lion smiled to herself.