Chapter 1: Pre-Kerberos

Hey! This is an idea that was based on one that I read. It will, of course, be different but if you want to read the original here is the link.  You are going to have to type that into the search bar I think.  https://merrykidgemas.tumblr.com/post/181569798159/under-wraps-1. Enjoy!

"Katie! Matt! Get up! We have to clean!" Katie's mom yelled up the stairs for her. It was Sunday, and Katie and Matt are taking an after church nap, well, were. Katie got up and rushed downstairs with her brother. The entire Holt family reported to the kitchen, Katie, her brother, and her dad all saluting Mrs. Holt. "Soldiers! We have a lot to do! Tomorrow evening Takashi Shirogane will be coming over for dinner so that he, Matt, and Dad can get start the 6-month bonding and training process for Kerberos. Which means this place has to be spotless! He will also be bringing his friend, who is about Katie's age over. Now, GO! GO! GO!"

The family split up and began to clean, Katie starting with the shop. The shop being, the garage where the Holt's built robots and other gadgets. Katie cleaned her mind racing.

She, unbeknownst to her family, knew exactly who Shiro was bringing over. Keith Kogane. He was the loner of the Garrison, and you would never know he was one of the most popular kids. It felt like all of the girls had a crush on him, and even some of the boys did too.

This was not good for Katie or Keith.

Katie was going to be picked up by Shiro and Keith, and together they were all going to her house for dinner. And Katie dreaded it.

Katie was notorious for being a nerd, the teacher's pet. In her class, for the aspiring engineers, it was like a shop class where you chose what you wanted to work on. Katie was the only one who went the extra mile. While the other kids were building video games and new makeup, Katie had built what she called the Red-Leader. It was a jet plane the size of a quad. And she had tested it and the Garrison was now mass producing them, they were great for training and scout missions. But it also meant everyone hated her, she was the favorite.

And if anyone saw her even close to Keith, she knew she was a dead girl walking. It might even hurt his reputation...and Katie didn't want all of that drama. But it wasn't like she had that much of a choice.

She was going to end up joining the Walking Dead because that is basically what she was.